Anyone got an NHRA rule book?

Bam

I checked their site and they gave minimal info. I need to know what kind of cage/roll bar, the design needed, and what it must be made out of for an open top car to run 11's and quicker, so I'll just say 10.99 for shits and giggles.

Not sure if it matters but this is not a manufactured car, but a kit car and its essentially a tube chassis.

Thanks for any help.

I think they send you a rule book when you become a member.

I don't know if the requirements for a kit car or non-production car are the same but if they are....then I think it's 4-point for 13.99 (Conv) or faster and 6-point for quicker than 11.49. Then you get into a driveshaft loop and a few minor things I believe when below a 10.99.

However, they have changed a lot of things in the last year or two so I might be wrong.... :(

Guest Removed
you can go 10.00 with a 5 point(6 if you add the passenger door bar) with stock frame rails. Open roof cars dont fall in that. and the 06 rulebook should be in the trash, jegs sells the 07 ones for a few dollars. i think your car falls under the rodster rules.

You will need a full cage for that Cobra. When I went with mine we were not allowed to run faster than 13.99 { I think} without one. You will also most likely need arm straps, long sleeved jacket etc.

NTR let us run , but also told us we need to make the safety changes before we were allowed back.

You will need a full cage for that Cobra. When I went with mine we were not allowed to run faster than 13.99 { I think} without one. You will also most likely need arm straps, long sleeved jacket etc.

NTR let us run , but also told us we need to make the safety changes before we were allowed back.

What's considered a full cage? 8pt?

12 point

and you are going to have to follow the no roof rodster rules.

way different cage rules vs normal car.

True , I almost forgot.

I have heard that 1/8th mile tracks will give you alittle more leeway.

What setup are you running in your Kit?

Guest Removed

I dont have a kit, i caged one awhile back for a guy.

my shit always pass's.

plus its a good idea too speak with the local tech inspector and ask what will and wouldnt pass, theres not alot of space too work with in those but it can be done.

I dont have a kit, i caged one awhile back for a guy.

my shit always pass's.

plus its a good idea too speak with the local tech inspector and ask what will and wouldnt pass, theres not alot of space too work with in those but it can be done.

Rob, can you do my cage for me? With or without a body, I don't care, haven't decided yet anyways. Any idea on the cost? I'd need this done by March or April hopefully.

If not, Rob do you recommend Jeg's Roll cage kits, they've got the 12pt ones for $270, and I can pick it up today. Care to do the install? I'm sure a few things might need modified, but this would be fairly easy, its just a bare frame now that this would need welded on.

Are you going to install a 1/2 cage for the driver or a cage for the entire cockpit? If you ever go to drivers schools and have an instructor in the car you will need a full cage. You can always look at Factory Fives web-site for both kind of cages and have someone build it for you then. The have pictures of the cages in their brochure.

You will most likely need the body for the roll bars, since you will have to drill holes in it and make sure the doors will open and shut. Unless you are not going to have functioning doors.

Not going to have functional doors, planning on a spec car setup. It will be a full cage, I've read most people get in through the roof with this type of cage. We'll see. Right now I need to find someone that can weld.

Guest Removed
If not, Rob do you recommend Jeg's Roll cage kits, they've got the 12pt ones for $270, and I can pick it up today. Care to do the install? I'm sure a few things might need modified, but this would be fairly easy, its just a bare frame now that this would need welded on.

I dont think they have a kit too fit that car....

more like a custom job, buy some stick of .134 wall mild steel ,bend notch and weld.and the car will have too be mostly together too insure that and cage is in the proper place around the driver, and that it fits the body and what not...and if factory five makes a cage for it, maybe be better off buyying it and welding it in.

I dont think they have a kit too fit that car....

more like a custom job, buy some stick of .134 wall mild steel ,bend notch and weld.and the car will have too be mostly together too insure that and cage is in the proper place around the driver, and that it fits the body and what not...and if factory five makes a cage for it, maybe be better off buyying it and welding it in.

They don't make a cage. And I have the front suspension done/rolling, but as you see in my other post I need the passenger side rear LCA mount re-made, it got cut off, and after that my car will be a roller.

Can you bend, notch and weld if I provide the materials? Would I bring it to your house or did you want to work in my garage? Its huge, heated and would be fine.

Guest Removed

At the moment, my garage is takin over by my project. my mini tubb and cage work.

I may have some where to do it, but what about the rest of the car? dash, seat postion all make a big difference.how fast do you plan on going? what do you want it legal too?10.00 8.50 or ????

I want it legal to 10's, so I guess 10.00. The dash placement is already there, as is the seat placement, but I don't have a seat bolted in the car as I haven't bought them yet.

I guess since the cage depends on so many other things, I really just need my frame welded and then I will take care of the cage later because it all will come apart later. I'm building it twice, once to make sure everything works where it is, and so I can modify it, and then tear it apart, make necessary changes, make it pretty (sandblast/powdercoat) and put it back together.

The cage isn't a necessity, it won't go 10's this year, probably next year, and it'll be street legal as it sits now. So I will get it running/driving, figure out my seating position, finish the dash, etc, and then have you come over and mock up a cage.

That sound good?

I REALLY need the frame welded now, its hard to describe, but it shouldn't be difficult at all. I've already cleaned up all the ends where stuff meets, etc. If you could come check it out to get a feel for it that'd be great. The frame fits in my pick-up bed so it is easily moved, just need another guy to help me pick it up.

Guest Removed

i can weld that up for you...we'll hook up so i can look at it.

get it mainlly together then build in the cage, cause you may not like pedal placement or what have you, and change things as you go.