anyone know about plumbing (bath tubs)?

evan9381

i have a tub thats been getting a slow drain. im about 99% sure this is due to my g/fs hair going down the drain. i have tried to lift up the cover to unscrew it, and clean the hair out, but i can not figure out how to get it out. i can pull up and twist, just pull, twist, it wont come out. ive gotten a little hook down there and gotten some of the hair out, but i would like to get the cover off and maybe get a snake down there to clean it out more.

i would call the appt complex but im sure this is something i can do myself shortly, and knowing how this appt complex is, they wont be out for a month

only thing i have to go off is the piece between the drain and faucet on the wall says "watco cleanout"

TIA

look at the side of the drain plug you pull up. rotate it around and you should see a phillips screw holding the plug in place.

i have a tub thats been getting a slow drain. im about 99% sure this is due to my g/fs hair going down the drain. i have tried to lift up the cover to unscrew it, and clean the hair out, but i can not figure out how to get it out. i can pull up and twist, just pull, twist, it wont come out. ive gotten a little hook down there and gotten some of the hair out, but i would like to get the cover off and maybe get a snake down there to clean it out more.

i would call the appt complex but im sure this is something i can do myself shortly, and knowing how this appt complex is, they wont be out for a month

only thing i have to go off is the piece between the drain and faucet on the wall says "watco cleanout"

TIA

i dont see a phillips screw...im thinking the knob on top has to come off...looking at the post in the drain, theres 2 flat spots, like a wrench would fit perfect...unfortunately all my tools are at my dads place, so ill have to attempt this tomorrow

Draino is weaksauce.

Go to the andersons, look for the shit in a white quart bottle wrapped inside another plastic bag. It says something like profesional use only. Pour in 4 oz, let it sit for 3 mins, make sure the vent fan in your bathroom is on, rinse, good to go.

Make sure you read the warnings though, it is stong enough it will boil on contact with water.

i got it figured out. had to get a wrench on the post under the lid, then remove the handle on top w/ some pliers, and then the post the handle screwed onto was able to be unscrewed. got it cleaned out, and the pipe actually didnt look too bad

see that kind of shit would cost me like $1,000 as I'm sure it would just about f*up my entire plumbing system.....boils on contact with water...serious stuff :eek:

Draino is weaksauce.

Make sure you read the warnings though, it is stong enough it will boil on contact with water.

Draino is weaksauce.

Go to the andersons, look for the shit in a white quart bottle wrapped inside another plastic bag. It says something like profesional use only. Pour in 4 oz, let it sit for 3 mins, make sure the vent fan in your bathroom is on, rinse, good to go.

This man has the answer. This stuff is sold at most hardware stores also. It's like the holy grail of plumbers. I think there's some hydrochloric acid in it...

This man has the answer. This stuff is sold at most hardware stores also. It's like the holy grail of plumbers. I think there's some hydrochloric acid in it...

Sulfuric acid, hence why it smeel like complete ass when you use it.

http://www.moonenterprises.com/html/rooto_prof._drain_opener.html

Not for sale In Tennessee Under Penalty Of Seizure :eek:

What the hell is that about? :wtf: