Best V12 sedan?

zeitgeist57

well, what years?

Also, Lexus is achieving similar performance with MUCH better fuel economy from the soon to be released LS600LH - luxury hybrid, 444hp, 29.7mpg :cool:

Has the reclining, massaging ottoman rear seat, 9" flip down DVD screen, infrared dual rear climate control, AWD!!! etc etc.

But, since Lexus is not a choice, I would vote BMW.

I love the 760Li but for speed it would have to be the SL65 AMG.... :)

If you can afford a car like that, fuel mileage isn't really a concern....

No, but the tax credit for buying a hybrid vehicle is!! Also, people are more up on mileage than you would think. The people who can buy afford those cars are also the ones who try to get the most for free when they have work done on them, i think you would really surprised by the stories I could tell you.

MBZ all the way. We've had two C's over the past years but downsized a bit when we had our first kid.

In reality, I'd like to have the CLS63 AMG but we'll end up with an E-Sedan shortly I'm sure. The MBZ of my dreams is below. Last I heard, 217mph and 640hp from a twin turbo V12. not sure if they've raised it up or changed models now. I've had this photo above my desk as inspiration to work hard and play harder.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/07/brabuse05.jpg

Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW, ??? for the money?

Performance, MAINTENANCE/DURABILITY, etc...

Volkwagen, no F'n kidding, no competition.

Seriously, if you're actually spending your own money, you will not find a better car for any price. The Phaeton is a steal and 1/2 the price of it's peers. Go drive one.

This is a STEAL

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=211176685&dealer_id=618608&car_year=2004&num_records=25&model=PHAETON&make2=&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&search_type=both&distance=100&make=VOLKS&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=43035&advanced=&end_year=2007&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=30

If you get one, or an A8, or any V12 sedan, buy it to love it, cuz resale sucks balls.

the Benz-ino can't be beat, looks, style, comfort, performance....

i don't think any car with a V12 is gonna be cheap to maintain, or overly reliable.

haha, yea a VW Phaeton....for everyone who wants to drop 40k+ on a freaking Passat clone, that car just screams sex.

I like the Audi S8 W12.

The S8 actully is a little differnt...

S8 for the previous generation was a V8 that produced 360Hp and 340TRQ

The Audi A8 W12L has 400?? cant remember the exact number.

The new Audi S8 has the Gallardo Engine in it and produces 450Hp and 375TRQ and is a freaking rocket...

Or you could go with the new Audi S8 that has Gallardo engine in it also.. and well.. is a blast to drive...

haha, yea a VW Phaeton....for everyone who wants to drop 40k+ on a freaking Passat clone, that car just screams sex.

You very obviously have not been in one or the other. It's not the same car at all. Not even a little bit. The Phaeton reminds you that VW makes Bentley as well, which is easily forgotten in a Passat.

You're retarded. The other cars that use that chassis are the Audi A8, Bently Contential and Bently Flying Spur. They are all built here. If doing a little research on that factory doesn't tell you that this isn't a 'freaking Passat clone' then please go get castrated so you can't procreate and send mentally retarded children into this already doomed world making the future that much worse for all of us. In all seriousness, check that factory out; it is very neat.

Drive or ride in one and you will agree The Benz Guys statement that they are a "steal and 1/2 the price of it's peers." It's a shame they didn't sell better here, but cool at the same time because that just means they are that much more rare.

I guess I'm looking at this a little differently. I'm more looking into older models than 2001-2007...

Here in Naples, there is a shit ton of beautiful, top-of-the line big body sedans for sale. They are constantly popping up in lots as trade-in on newer vehicles. Since most of them also never are driven very far, and are garaged most of the time, they hardly have any wear on them. I was just looking at a 1993 600SEL Benz with 90k miles for $11900, and it looked factory fresh...leather, paint, engine bay were all perfect...

I'm not into a $40k car price (and I probably never will be) but 2006 was an excellent year for me at the bank and my annual bonus coming up in a week is making me think of a new daily driver to allow my Corvette to spend some time in the garage. We'll see. I am leaning more towards an s500 or s600...

If you are looking for a USED one that doesn't have a warranty, I wouldn't buy any of them! Especially if you are spending less than $20k. Just basic maintenance and repairs will cost you more than the cars worth if you have to fix anything serious. Any 7-series, S-class, Jaguar, etc...is going to cost you out the a** in repairs... :(

I'd look at a newer Lexus GS, Acura TL or something along those lines if you want a luxury/sporty car with minimum upkeep cost. Unless you can find one of the bigger cars that has already had ALL of the normal maintenance up keep already done on it....

I was just looking at a 1993 600SEL Benz with 90k miles for $11900, and it looked factory fresh...leather, paint, engine bay were all perfect.

Dude, Clay, I love Benz's. Seriously,I love them,I own one and even bought a hat. So, keep that in mind as I tell you DO NOT BUY THAT F'CKING CAR! RUN MUFUGGA RUN! The list of TSB's on that car is longer then a whales johnson. Buy three, that way you might be able to drive one while the other two are in the shop.

Get a late 80s Mercedes 560SEL. There's an AMG flavor in there also, but happy hunting on that one. Bimmers might not be bad, but look into the block recalls from their 540's, see if the V12s had the same problems. Jags offered V12s, but I'm not so sure about reliability. They're sexy enough not to care though, especially in the late 60s. ;)

If you are looking for a USED one that doesn't have a warranty, I wouldn't buy any of them! Especially if you are spending less than $20k.

Correct. I'm debating this very thing. Cheap exotic vs an expensive econo. In terms of smarts, it's an easy choice. Too bad I'm not smart.

I dunno about you, but I always loved the look of the E38 (late 90s/early 00s) BMW 750iL. James Bond rocked one in Tomorrow Never Dies, and I've always had a half-chub since then for them. A black one with some big 19" BMW rims is IMO one of the classiest rides around. The V8 variant (740iL) is also pretty sweet, and Dinan has a whole mess of things you can spend a shitload of money on for that model (for instance, a Dinan supercharger that is not available for the V12)

http://www.bmw.org.ua/auto/7/e38/4.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/BMW_750il.jpg