Sunny and a chilly 72 degrees

zeitgeist57

It's been snowing all weekend out here in j-town. I swear snow insulates the area and warms it up, its fucking freezing at work on the west side, but comfortable here. I think I've got nearly two inches in my yard right now, and it's still coming down.

First, Clay, I hate you. :)

Second, if I ruled the universe, this is how the weather would be here in CLB: it would be sunny and mid-70's to mid-80's every day except for Christmas Eve and Christmas day, during which it would be cold enough to snow just a bit on both days. Then, the day after Christmas, it's back to being warm and sunny.

I just couldn't stand the gray winters in Ohio, it wasn't really about the cold. The fact that it's warm is a bonus...it's really the 300 out of 365 days a year that ther is SUN that makes me happy. :)

...and to all the haters (DOC!!!)...I am rubber, you are glue, motherfuckers! ;)

dude, do you have an indoor pool?

A lot of pools down there will be right next to the house and screened in on the sides that don't border the house. Without being screened in, the bugs would be very hard to keep out of the pool. If those walls were glass, that thing would be a sauna 6 months out of the year.

Huh? How was I hating?

It maaaaaay have been the "First, Clay...I hate you" comment. :)

The pool is actually outside in a screened in enclosure called a lanai. Yes, it keeps the flying bugs away. Yes, it's very important.

This thing went through Wilma (which made landfall less than 30 miles from Naples) and the ONLY thing that happened was half a spanish tile came off of the roof. So far, no other problems. It was built in 2005...building codes are VERY strict. People complain about real estate costs, but they also have to realize that there is NO "stick-built" home construction in South Florida. It's almost all tilt-up or poured concrete or gray block construction. The windows and doors are all 140mph glass. It should hold up.

P.S...I will take a 3-day hurricane over 5 months of cold and wet grayness ALL DAY LONG...:)