A little bit of snow = end of the world.....

Nitrousbird

My god, first you have the school cancelled for a little bit of cold.

Now I had to drive home from work. Normally 20 minutes; 30-35 when traffic is crappy.

Today = hour and 15 minutes, and I DIDN'T SEE AN ACCIDENT ANYWHERE!!!! These people are driving freaking 5MPH on the freeway, in some places the freeway was actually fairly clear in 1-2 lanes. I drove home with Autotrac on, and didn't need it on other than when I decided to floor it having a little fun.

My god, it's a little bit of snow; it's not ice, the roads aren't THAT slick. What pisses me off is it took so long to get home that it got dark, and I can't take out my quad now (haven't bought headlights for it yet). I was looking forward to pissing the neighbors off with it too. :(

ditto.

left for work, only to not make it on time, turned around and drove home.. my normal 45min drive was stretched to 2 hours.

almost got hit by an explorer that spun out and then an accord spun out beside it..

30 mins just to get down avery road.

gayness

i saw 5 wrecks on rt 33

and 270 i heard was a stand still.

gonna go work in the garage, and probably get the quads out for some fun.

LOL, this was just posted on another forum I am on

geeze my buddy from work just called me and said that he was on 670 heading toward 3q15, his car spun around, he was facing oncoming traffic, so he had to kick it into reverse and get to he shoulder. crazy stuff

Guest 78novaman

Ugh, I hate people that can't drive in the snow. It took 10 mins to get up broad st from Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd to Waggoner Rd.

I also love how with a 24 hour warning on a 1-3" snowfall and Columbus still can't keep the roads clear. No salt trucks on Broad St. Franklin county was out on Wagoneer, & Gahanna was PLOWING!!!! on Taylor Rd near the AEP building. And I also saw the gridlock at 270 & hamilton, ouch.

+1 Franklin Co & Suburbs

-23755198231698463198 City of Columbus.

Yeah kinda funny how the road crews are out when theres a dusting driving around spraying salt and pushing nothing around. Mostly I get stuck behind them all day for work and get my car al nice and dirty. But today? No they aren't to be seen. They could have just drove around from noon to rush hour spraying salt at 65MPH and probably hit all the main roads to keep the snow from sticking at all. Oh well. I love the snow, but people really gotta drive faster and stay away from the guys in front. It wasn't that slippery in my FWD corolla all day and it wasn't at all bad in my `05 Taco.

Evan

Isn't it true that salt doesn't really do shit unless it's at some certain temp? Spreading salt at near 0 temps won't do shit?

That is the same thing I have heard. I thought it had to be 0+ to even make a difference.

Probably why you didn't see them wasting your tax money.

The reasons you haven't seen any snow trucks is because it is pointless to plow a road and go back 2 hours later and plow it again. Instead the city waits for it the clear up or slow down then goes out. Also it is way too cold to put down salt, it won't do anything.

Either way I am hoping it keeps snowing all night and have another day off of school.

i got off work at 9, at around 5th/yearling, had to go yearling to broad, could have gone up waggoner to my appt, but feeling how slick it was, i honestly didnt think id make it up and around the little dip in waggoner near meijers. i figured id either have to have some speed to get up the hill, which i would end up spinning out, or go slow enough to not spin out, and not be able to make it up the hill.

i decided to go down to taylor (down further) and come back down kennedy road.

total trip time after 9pm = 43 min. usually takes 25 in rush hour traffic

it was VERY slick out there. i felt like i was flying doing 30 on broad st.

The reasons you haven't seen any snow trucks is because it is pointless to plow a road and go back 2 hours later and plow it again. Instead the city waits for it the clear up or slow down then goes out. Also it is way too cold to put down salt, it won't do anything.

Either way I am hoping it keeps snowing all night and have another day off of school.

Thanks for pointing that out after everyone already pointed that out. :nod: