Engine ? whats this mean?

wnaplay1647545503

Guy sent me this info about his used motor. What does it mean? Oh I am referring to the gear ratios.

The motor is in good shape had 16,xxx miles on it but less than that it was geared up -1 front +10 rear so it's probably more around 14,xxx. I have owned the bike since may 06 had no problems with it at all. It is a complete motor with trans,carbs,and all the wiring.

it means that he geared the bike

meaning he went down one tooth on the front sprocket and up 10 teeth in the rear. the speedo runs off the trans, so the tire is actually seeing less miles than what the tranyn thinks.

kind of like putting a big gear in a car and not recalibrating the speedo to match. may say your doing 90 when your doing 65.. hence the odometer will rack up more miles.

if he was runnin those sprockets.. he stunted that bike. that motor will have seen high rpm burnouts and alot of abuse.. id pass

Guy says he just swapped the gears and has only done a few wheelies with it. The motor is $350 and I havent been able to find very many used ones or someone to give me information on how much I would possibly spend if I rebuild my motor myself. I guess I might be able to swap the gears for the ones on the old motor, however difficult that might be. Last thing I want to do is buy it and a month into riding season have the motor go out. Any suggestions?

yes.. but osm ebikes are mor notorious than others

the GSXRs are very notorious for oil starvation in a wheelie. they make oil pickup relocation kits for almost all bikes for this.

but the 900rr 929rr and 954rr also the F4Is are ok as long as you run a quart over.

but yes it still is not good for them. especially when its on the back tire 90% of the time. and being its a stunt bike it probably was