new car

yellowsnake

Just brought home my car yesterday. its a 1996 mystic (#194-2000) cobra with 46,776 miles on here. picked it up for a GREAT price. trailered it home from toledo yesterday. and let me tell you, a trailer with a car on it just dont go real well in the snow when there are DUMBASS's on the road. anyways, if the wheather gets a little better i'll pull it out of the garage and take some pics.

Its crazy that even ten years later for still wont release the make up of that paint. One of my instructors when I was in school had to repair and paint one of those and ford still sends someone out to mix the paint, watched him paint to make sure he didnt try to keep some of the paint, and then cleaned his equiptment out and took the unused paint with him.

The 03/04 Cobra vert's were offered in this color too I believe. If not, there was a special order one at Graham ford back then because I remember seeing it on the lot when I was buying a new car myself.

nice find!

The 03/04 Cobra vert's were offered in this color too I believe. If not, there was a special order one at Graham ford back then because I remember seeing it on the lot when I was buying a new car myself.

nice find!

2004 Cobras were offered in this color. It was like a $5K option, including the paint and seat inserts that changed color as well... :nod:

2004 Cobras were offered in this color. It was like a $5K option, including the paint and seat inserts that changed color as well... :nod:

2004 was the second year of the special paint this time called Mystichrome....

http://mysticcobra.net/2004/2004mystichrome_a.jpg

http://mysticcobra.net/2004/2004mystichrome_q.jpg

They also took it a little further into the interior....

http://mysticcobra.net/2004/2004mystichrome_v.jpg

In 1996 it was only a $815 option (MSRP).

The 2004 was an additional $3,650 (MSRP) because of the added interior pieces, etc...

I think the first batch was by Dupont, then the next was PPG, thats why they changed colors, im not sure though. They developed it especially for the mystic so that's probably why it's so expensive. I still don't understand the secrecy, if they started selling the formula they could make a bundle on licensing etc; but that leaves a whole other dilemma open.

Yes I do believe it was by dupont in 96 and by ppg in 04. Although both companies have their own "chameleon" paint they are different mixes that ford got. PPG calls their harliquin, and I forget duponts. HOK is kameleon. This stuff from any of these companies are very expensive but I know that ford definatly jacks the price up even more.

Yes I do believe it was by dupont in 96 and by ppg in 04. Although both companies have their own "chameleon" paint they are different mixes that ford got. PPG calls their harliquin, and I forget duponts. HOK is kameleon. This stuff from any of these companies are very expensive but I know that ford definatly jacks the price up even more.

I'm not sure, but I thought it was BASF that did the paint for the 96?