NRP Track Rental May 7th

Mike C

DQ Racing and ColDSM are organizing our annual track day rental at Norwalk. The details are listed below. One important point about NRP rentals this year: In the past they allowed cancellations up to 1 week prior to the date. They have now changed that rule and it is 3 weeks. So, May 7th may seem like a ways off but we need FIRM commitments by Apr 16th (6 weeks) or the plug gets pulled.

Last year, I signed up for numerous NRP rentals all of which got cancelled due to lack of interest (partially due to NRP's price hike last year). This rental that we do along with the CR one in September were the only two that I actually saw end up going through. SO get your junk together and come out to have a good time :)

DQ Racing 2007 Track Day

Norwalk Raceway Park

May 7th, 2007

Noon - 5pm

UNLIMITED PASSES for 5 hours

2 lanes of racing

330ft of VHT track prep

pro-tree for heads up / elimination / quick class style racing

all makes and models vehicles welcome

30 participants maximum

$50 entry fee

Rules, Regulations, and the other fine print:

1) DQ Racing reserves the right to deny participation to any person(s) or vehicle(s) that do not meet the standards of safety, conduct, and mental capacity.

2) All participants must sign the waiver at the track.

3) Participants are responsible to pay for any clean up and/or damage to the track that is a result of their vehicle.

4) Refunds are ONLY given in the event that the track day is cancelled. It is your responsibility to prepare your vehicle and show up, or find a substitute.

5) DQ Racing must be notified at least 1 week prior to the event (April 30, 2007), if there will be a substitute taking your spot.

Forms of acceptable payment:

(Information to include with payment: Name, forum and forum name, primary e-mail, make/model, expected track time)

- Cash, Check, Money Order, and Cashiers Checks - Send a PM to arrange drop off and/or mailing address.

- Paypal (+service charge fee = $51.75) -- Send payments to mkluong@gmail.com

Two questions, if the car is street legal does that mean it can run?

2nd, can I trailer a car that I haven't registered yet, just for a feeler?

Thanks

Matt

1st question: If you are referring to "our right to deny running" it is simply to protect ourselves against somebody showing up with a trainwreck of a car. Basically, don't show up with a car that leaks fluid. If it's dripping fluid pulling up to stage, we aren't letting it go down the track. Otherwise, if you oil down the track, you are responsible for whatever NRP charges for the cleanup.

2nd question: I think you mean run one primary car but maybe make a pass in a second car? If so, then you'd have to pay twice, sorry. The reason is because NRP goes by car count which is why we have it capped at 30. Once we go over 30 cars then their rate goes up. NRP doesn't care how many spectators are there only cars. The car count is probably loosing enforced as I doubt somebody actually counts them but this is my "official" answer at this point :)

1st question is fine, doesn't leak any fluids or is run down or anything, its a 1966 Shelby Cobra Kit car, so obviously it's not up to today's safety standards, but does have a roll bar and 5pt harness, but I really don't want to drive 2+ hrs to get turned down, do you/DQ Racing want to look over the car before I pay or what?

2nd question, I'm building a 2nd Cobra kit car, but haven't purchased a body for it yet, and probably won't until this coming fall/winter, BUT it is rolling, and will be running and driving by this track event, so its basically a full size go cart, and I want to know if I trailered it there would I be able to run it, its identical to the Cobra above, just won't have a body on it, and will not be registered as a street legal car until 2008.

If all is good, I'm happy to pay the entry fee twice.

Thanks

Matt

1st question is fine, doesn't leak any fluids or is run down or anything, its a 1966 Shelby Cobra Kit car, so obviously it's not up to today's safety standards, but does have a roll bar and 5pt harness, but I really don't want to drive 2+ hrs to get turned down, do you/DQ Racing want to look over the car before I pay or what?

2nd question, I'm building a 2nd Cobra kit car, but haven't purchased a body for it yet, and probably won't until this coming fall/winter, BUT it is rolling, and will be running and driving by this track event, so its basically a full size go cart, and I want to know if I trailered it there would I be able to run it, its identical to the Cobra above, just won't have a body on it, and will not be registered as a street legal car until 2008.

If all is good, I'm happy to pay the entry fee twice.

Thanks

Matt

The cars do not have to be street legal cars to be at this. (Probably half the cars participating will end up being trailored drag cars). So there is no problem running 1 or both of your cars. Simply put, $50/car.

We aren't going to inspect for safety standards. All we care about tech wise is a car that is dripping fluids and might oil down the track. Otherwise, you could drive with your head sticking out of the moon roof for all we care :D

The cars do not have to be street legal cars to be at this. (Probably half the cars participating will end up being trailored drag cars). So there is no problem running 1 or both of your cars. Simply put, $50/car.

We aren't going to inspect for safety standards. All we care about tech wise is a car that is dripping fluids and might oil down the track. Otherwise, you could drive with your head sticking out of the moon roof for all we care :D

Rock on man! This will be my first time getting it above 35mph or so since I can only take it around the neighborhood.

I'll take one ticket now, and buy the other one in the beginning of April, just so if something comes up. I know for sure I'll bring Cobra #1, hopefully both though.

By "expected track time" does that mean what you think you'll run?

I'd like to pay cash or check, so I'm PMing you my info and seeing when is good.

Thanks

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Rock on man! This will be my first time getting it above 35mph or so since I can only take it around the neighborhood.

I'll take one ticket now, and buy the other one in the beginning of April, just so if something comes up. I know for sure I'll bring Cobra #1, hopefully both though.

By "expected track time" does that mean what you think you'll run?

I'd like to pay cash or check, so I'm PMing you my info and seeing when is good.

Thanks

Matt

Matt, if you let me make a few passes in the trailered one, ill pay for a good portion of the entry for it :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone that attended this. The weather was great and we had a blast.

Anthony,

Construction is really heavy there still and they made us do a few weird things setup wise. PM me for details concerning your rental.