"300" Friday night 3/9

Dr. Apex

This friday the movie "300" comes out and I've been waiting for it for over a year now since I found out about it. It's about the battle of "Thermopylae", but based on the book of it by Frank Miller.

Here's the story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

Trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/mf/frame?theme=minfo&lid=wmv-100-p.1551855-182479,wmv-300-p.1551856-182479,wmv-700-p.1551857-182479,wmv-1000-p.1551858-182479&id=1809262865&f=1809262865&mspid=1809809353&type=t

I was thinking of going to the Arena Grand friday night to see and thought I'd post to see if some people would like to go there as well. They have some really nice upper level seating that's comfy as hell and great screens and an adult crowd, and they serve beer!!

Who's up for a 9-10pm showing?? Or whenever really....

No IMAX=No care.

I'll be out of town anyways. I'll go see it sometime after 3/12 at the Easton IMAX.

Ben, did you ask one of the patrolers at MRM about me the Thursday before last (2/22)?

Imax at Easton?? Never heard of that. Ever been to the arena grand?? By far the nicest theater in town and the large screens are not much smaller than the Marcus IMAX.

I havn't been to MRM since the last time I was there with Joe.

Imax at Easton?? Never heard of that. Ever been to the arena grand?? By far the nicest theater in town and the large screens are not much smaller than the Marcus IMAX.

I havn't been to MRM since the last time I was there with Joe.

Arena Grand FTL. :cool:

No IMAX=No care.

I'll be out of town anyways. I'll go see it sometime after 3/12 at the Easton IMAX.

Ben, did you ask one of the patrolers at MRM about me the Thursday before last (2/22)?

There's an Imax at easton now? I thought the only Imax in the city was off 23 and crosswoods. If they are showing 300 on the imax screen i'd rather wait a week till crowds die down to see it there. If you see it opening night at a nice theater like the arena grand your going to be waiting in line for a while.

Waiting in line for hours at the Arena Grand?? I go there on opening nights because there's never a line, nobody hardly goes there.

I can't stand Easton, there's always a few assholes in every movie being stupid carrying on and ruining the movie. Arena grand always has an adult crowd and is much cleaner than any amc could be.

Marcus is closer and the Imax would be sweet and I wouldnt mind going there, I'll just buy my tickets online ahead of time.

Either place at any time is good for me.

There will always be too many assholes in any theater on opening week/weekend. Go anywhere the second opening week during a weekday and you will be golden. I've never had a problem at Easton during the week.

Ben, unless you went to Marcus a few years ago it wasn't an IMAX. They just call it the 'mega' screen now or something. It's about 1/3-1/2 the size of their IMAX screen. They just took their IMAX screen and covered up the sides and top and bottom. The screen there is the size of the whole front of the theater.

I was actually talking to someone at work today about the IMAX at Easton for this movie. They just wen and watched Night At The Museum. They said it wasn't a real IMAX screen either. : ( I've never been to it before, I just assumed it was like every other one I've been to. I'll still go see 300 at some point there, to at least check it out.

Trouble Maker

I know the one at Marcus is not officially called the "Imax" anymore, but everyone knows it as that. That's part of the reason I was thinking of the Arena Grand, the screens are just as good and the people and theater are better.

I'm so lucky my work has advance tickets that people brought for tonight so I will be seeing it tonight pretty pumped!

Damn you...... :asshole:

My friends and I have decided on the Arena Grand, it's a nice place and for the same price as the IMAX we can sit in the premium seats. Movie times aren't available yet but were aiming for a 10pm-ish show. If anyone would like to join let me know and we can meet up to watch the movie and maybe hit a bar afterwards.

Sneak in? You're pathetic.

No, I am poor and use to work there and know how big of a rip off it is. They still are not even paying their employees the new minimum wage. They are waiting until the final deadline so they can save a few bucks...

Yeah, if I still worked at the movie theatre in town like I used to I would've seen it tonight too. Kinda sucks I can't, but I've waited this long already so i guess I can wat a couple more days

Might head up there with Duff.

Well due to circumstances I need to move this to saturday night instead. Same time and place though. Ryan, I just tried to call you about this but you didnt awnser, call me.

If anyone would like to go as a CR group for some dinner around 7ish then for the movie and maybe a bar after let me know and we'll make some arrangements, I'm always up for meeting people and putting faces with the names.

there are some people here at work that are going to the 12:01 viewing tonight. I will wnt to go but it wont be for a week or 2.

Yeah, that wouldn't make for a fun day at work friday with having to be in at 6:30am.