Building a house bitches.

Casper

This is what it'll look like when it's done:

http://a81.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/57/l_98647cfbb7a96d0644b55bb00cbf1010.jpg

The sold sign. Yes, it's sold. Fucking sweet:

http://a687.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/l_0478dee6cc709908225118c2551f4a2e.jpg

The lot:

http://a73.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/39/l_6c74a7c36f292c1fb87cb9a1cbd26de8.jpg

I'm fucking stoked. I can't believe we're actually building a house. Very excited.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... make the garage your first concern when reviewing your plans. There are always a couple feet you can find by moving a wall. Make the laundry smaller, make the garage bigger! Push out the front, rear or side.

Another 6 feet will make you happy... do it now! You can't change it later.

Good luck, Ron

Unless you're planning on staying for a while, I would re-consider. Most cookie-cutter houses aren't worth shit for the first 10 years or so and they'll lose value. What part of town will play a lot into that. I'm ass-deep in that shit right now.

I'm fucking stoked. I can't believe we're actually building a house. Very excited.

I can't believe nobody caught the WE'RE in this phrase!

Rucy. Ju got some splainin to do!

Unless you're planning on staying for a while, I would re-consider. Most cookie-cutter houses aren't worth shit for the first 10 years or so and they'll lose value. What part of town will play a lot into that.

TROOF!

I'm ass-deep in that shit right now.

Oh, don't make me go there! *Pert*:p

The suck about Mi/domina is once people get conned in to there when they cant afford it because of the tricks they get you in on. The value goes down when houses become rentals .

Personaly I like establisted communites.

Congrats Ben. Looks sweet. Where is it being built (what part of town or development).

Villages at Sycamore Creek in Pickerington. It's at the corner of Hill Rd. and Diley Rd. near 33.

Nice, did you design it or is it an M/I Plan?

It's an M/I plan, the Rockwell.

I can't wait to get drunk and puke there

Amen. Me neither.

Unless you're planning on staying for a while, I would re-consider. Most cookie-cutter houses aren't worth shit for the first 10 years or so and they'll lose value. What part of town will play a lot into that. I'm ass-deep in that shit right now.

The exact same house built last year in the same housing development sold after being on the market for 9 days. It sold for the asking price of $219K. We'll just say we're paying a LOT less than that, and the new Pickerington elementary school is being built this summer about two blocks away. Close to school means property values increase. I've researched just about everything I can about this area, builder, and house. We're starting out with a huge chunk of equity, and the area is being developed and increasing in value every year.

I can't believe nobody caught the WE'RE in this phrase!

Rucy. Ju got some splainin to do!

Yup, there's someone else. Sorry man. I didn't know quite how to break it to ya, so I just figured I wouldn't tell ya. ;)

I don't think so!!! :nono: Some one will be sleeping in the dog house!!! :nod:

We'll just give you few Three Olives cherry vodka and Red Bulls... you won't know, nor care, what we're doing.

http://www.ohioriders.net/forums/images/smiles/givemebeer.gif

We'll just give you few Three Olives cherry vodka and Red Bulls... you won't know, nor care, what we're doing.

http://www.ohioriders.net/forums/images/smiles/givemebeer.gif

Bite me :asshole:

The exact same house built last year in the same housing development sold after being on the market for 9 days. It sold for the asking price of $219K. We'll just say we're paying a LOT less than that, and the new Pickerington elementary school is being built this summer about two blocks away. Close to school means property values increase. I've researched just about everything I can about this area, builder, and house. We're starting out with a huge chunk of equity, and the area is being developed and increasing in value every year.

My neighborhood was the same way when I first built. It changed quickly. Just be cognizant that houses can lose value and be prepared for that.

I'm with Chris on the new builds... I know what the people in my development paid for the houses when they had them built and I know what they are selling for now... it sucks, but hey, I'm glad that I have equity in my house :-)

The suck about Mi/domina is once people get conned in to there when they cant afford it because of the tricks they get you in on. The value goes down when houses become rentals .

Personaly I like establisted communites.

+1. Cookie-cutter homes in Ohio FTL.

My neighborhood was the same way when I first built. It changed quickly. Just be cognizant that houses can lose value and be prepared for that.

Well chris, if youre still where i think you are, the reason yours may have done that was because all the plans for stuff to be built between glenchester lakes, and the Galloway Ridge subdivision was haulted on a zoneing issue... hence the reason Galloway Rd comes to a dead end north of 40. Also haulted, was a zoneing issue with the neighborhoods and strip mall that is to be tacked on between Sullivant/Galloway intersection, and 40. Theres a lot of development going in there, hence the light there now, but untill the city gets things settled with the contractors, nothing is going on. When all that spruces up, the area you live in will be come a more valuble place to live.

Guest Mushijobah
Cookie cutter = shit, move into a sturdy house for your own good. The real investments these days are near downtown. Victorian style houses that sold for 30,000 have been fixed up and are being bough by urban professionals for upwards to 400k. Plus you don't have to live in pickerington.

Pickerington is the new Dublin. FTW. :D

CONGRATS!!! You should have called me, I know someone that works at M/I that could have helped you out!!!

Anyway, just make sure you are aware of how much you will be paying in taxes down there in Pickerington! If I remember correctly, it will be around $300 a month.....depending on how much you bought the house for.