WTB: Autox car or somethig similar

STEVE-O

I am looking for a car I can road race I perfer a 5speed but doesnt have to be... A clean rwd 5 speed would be nice but I am open to anything... can spend about 4 grand let me know what you got,

NEED ASAP

WILL TRADE FOR A RWD, or Road race worthy car, FWD with some power.... CAR MUST BE A 5SPEED fi not a road race car

my car: 1998 black 4 door gtp with 122xxx miles... EVERY option black leather interior power everything sunroof heated driver seat HUD,

mods: intake res delete maf screen removed pcm tray, hooker header tips, moroso flow through muffler, white and black interior, a pillar tri pod with cobalt boost gauge installed, reverse glow gauges, leather is in great condition... interior is a 9 outta 10 only because the center console that i paint white got chipped by accedent and i have not fixed it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would in a heartbeat but It will be my DD so i need something that has a interior lol

otherwise ive met been before and know thatsa great car and if i find a pos so to speak as a dd i will get that car... wanna sell me your car?

I might be selling the del sol here soon. Its a lightweight fun little car to drive. I havent decided wether I will keep it as my daily after I buy something new. I will definately be selling my eclipse here as soon as the wife finds something. Both are 5 speeds. If interested, I will keep you informed.

go trade the gtp in with the 4 grand down and get a svt focus. Nice dd and can hang with just about anything on an autocross course stock. eibach sport lines with a 25mm rear sway bar is all you will need for susp. Get it realined, then get a xcal 2 and an intake with a 67mm tb, it really wakes the engine up.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=218684710&dealer_id=57739559&car_year=2004&model=FOCUS&num_records=&make2=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=50&make=FORD&color=&min_price=10000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=43231&advanced=&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=&max_price=14000&cardist=2

Steve,

Here's one.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34470&highlight=RX7

It's my car, and is set up well. I used it as a DD for 2 years, but have not driven it much the last couple. Everybody that has seen it has commented on what a nice car it is.

I have autocrossed and road raced for 25 years, and would be happy to share what I know with you as you go down the path. I am out of town on Sat Mar 10, but back on Sunday. PM me if interested in talking and I will send you my mobile number. You can come out and see the car on Sunday if you like.

Rich

go trade the gtp in with the 4 grand down and get a svt focus. Nice dd and can hang with just about anything on an autocross course stock. eibach sport lines with a 25mm rear sway bar is all you will need for susp. Get it realined, then get a xcal 2 and an intake with a 67mm tb, it really wakes the engine up.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=218684710&dealer_id=57739559&car_year=2004&model=FOCUS&num_records=&make2=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=50&make=FORD&color=&min_price=10000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=43231&advanced=&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=&max_price=14000&cardist=2

Wakes it up from what 180 to 200? its non boosted. a intake mm and tuner anit going to make that big a differnace. and if he changes all those parts he will be in a STX or something class. Were we all know the Wrx's sit.

ya If i had 12k to spend it would NEVER be on pos focus srt-4 maybe or on a nice 1.8t 337 golf that would be nice

I saw that rx7 and was thinkin about it... how much power does that thing make? Its a nice car by far dont get me wrong but I am not overly excited on how it looks... and I would be keepin this car for a long time I will be doing a lto of thinking and looking but ill let you know

LINC- kool just let me know whenever

ya If i had 12k to spend it would NEVER be on pos focus srt-4 maybe or on a nice 1.8t 337 golf that would be nice

I saw that rx7 and was thinkin about it... how much power does that thing make? Its a nice car by far dont get me wrong but I am not overly excited on how it looks... and I would be keepin this car for a long time I will be doing a lto of thinking and looking but ill let you know

LINC- kool just let me know whenever

The RX7 is not a speedster by todays standards. I have never had it to a drag strip so I am not sure how fast it is. With the stock carb and header setup, it is probably around 140 HP give or take. It weighs about 2250 lbs. It will easily do 125mph, and I would guess 0-60 is in the 7.5 sec to 8.0 sec range with the stock carb. With the Weber, I am thinking it is around 7 sec.

For cheap speed, there are lots of options with these cars:

- Drop a V8 in it (I've thought of this seriously).

- Port the engine

- Swap a 13b Turbo into it

Regarding the looks, that is a matter of personal taste. It is definitely old school, clean, simple lines, and doesn't look like a blob or jellybean. If you like cars like, say, the Mitsu 3000GT or stuff with air dams and wings, it is not the car for you.

On the other hand, I have had 1st gen RX7's forever and never get tired of the look so I am biased. Certain cars don't age and along with the original 240Z, the 3rd gen RX7, and a few others, I think this is one of them.