WTB: Autox car or somethig similar

STEVE-O

The RX-7 is a great car. I've loved mine since I bought my first one (just like 31rx7's, but blue and the motor's half there) and now I have a GSL-SE. If you're tall, it can be a squeeze. Mine's probably because of the leather seats. I have had so much fun. It's different. There's a hum/whine instead of a rumble. There's a great community for them, and many specialized and local forums just for them. There's even a dedicated tuner/mechanic in columbus for them (RX-7 Store). They are classics. I hope soon that people will recognize their value for putting an affordable, lightweight sports car on the roads in America. The v8 swap is a simple and straightforward one. Put in a 302 for example with a t-5 and stock rear end (rx7's rear) and run 14's easy. I am biased, since I own two, but I throughly enjoy them I am really looking forward to running it in autocross.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to go look at a sentra and if i like it I might by my brother in law-s sepc v and i am also going to go look at a jetta and see if i like it.... I know the jetta is not anyhting close to a autocrosser but its different and i want something that will be a LITTLE better on gas cause we all know no matter what type of racing your doin you will eat gas like crazy

EDIT: i drove a stock 240 and I drove my dads corvette {c4} and the 240 feels good but I bet a better suspension would be great cause i felt low to the ground wich i like but it felt like stock that it handled like a suv kinda I didnt like how it felt... and the strreing wheel is very big compare to what i am used to.... but on the other hand i liked it better than the vette because in the vette you sit inside the fram rails and it seemed like i was way to low and didnt like how the top of the steering wheel was at my eye site... I want to drive a 240 with a better suspension but even at that they are VERY VERY hard to find

were is a good place ot find one i have tried club240,zilvia.net,autotrader, tried them all ohiodrifters or whatever it is I cant find one close

I had to go to Dayton for my 2nd 240. You've pretty much checked all the forums that you'd find anything local, so you'll either have to wait for one to pop up, or travel a little bit. Also try cincinnatistreetracing. It seems Hondas and 240s are up for sale on there a lot.

^^^ lol your funny... no unfortunetly sunday I went to the dealer just to look around and sat in a mx-5 it wasnt to bad until i closed the door and i could leteraly not move my left arm at all... it was just way to small there was no room to even turn the wheel... I am looking at the 240sx in michigan right now ill check out ohiodrifting.com

I got cash thats not a problem if i get 6 outa my car and spend 4 thats another 2gs to add to my account I ahve money thats not a problem and in the summer say june I have a stready 40 hour a week job

A guy at my work is selling a CRX, it's in pretty good shape from the outside, I haven't driven it though, 160K miles, 5speed, as far as I know it doesn't need any work. If you would be interested in it I'll see if I can get you some pictures. He's only asking for $1200. I'd buy it if i had a parking space.