Columbus Crew Game thurs april 19

LJ

From the email sent to me... The Crew is giving away free tickets to the game Thursday. All you have to do is go to ticketmaster, select the game for this thursday, select the promotion ticket option and enter the code "nation"

Then you will charged a $2.50 service charge and $1 fee per ticket to have it emailed to you. No limit. The game is going to be nationally televised on ESPN2

Just thought I would let everyone know

So...are they just trying to fill seats so it looks like the Crew has a lot of fans to the rest of the United States?

(dont hate, I am a Crew fan, I just speak the truth)

Hopefully that's exactly what they're doing.

This city needs more people that are overtly conscious about the way Columbus is perceived by the rest of the nation, and they need more people that want it to be perceived in a better light.

I was told it is because ESPN2 is having a Thursday night MLS game of the week and they (ESPN) want the stadium full to make it look like there is a ton of interest in MLS soccer so that their ratings go up.

Me, I could care less the reason, I'm just going to go and have fun. Apparently they have a college student section called the ESPN section and that is where we are all sitting, hopefully our drunk asses make it on TV