Ford/Mustang questions

Martin

Yeah, Martin...you seemingly want straight line power...may I suggest some suspension upgrades? You may be able to knock off a few pounds here and there, and let yourself Tokyo Drift easier back into those parking spots. I've seen lots of ads for upgrades on the Mustang's suspension. You may want to look into that.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean this in the nicest possible way....fuck modifying a turd. I dumped about $2k into a 99 Dakota v6. It was louder, but that was it. It was a complete waste of money.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

you must not have put enough spray on it then :)

unless you have a vibration problem or a broken the driveshaft the aluminum one is not worth the money

I put a clutch in a slightly newer mustang than yours a couple of years ago for a guy who was running that compucar nitrous in a gymbag kit that car was in the low 13's or high 12's I think

if your planning on going racing with it a good investment is a nice set of upr upper and lower rear control arms subframe connectors and gears

you can do a lot with that 3.8 the aftermarket just isn't as good for it

good luck

you must not have put enough spray on it then :)

Yeah....I didn't spray it. I was too chickenshit to put a wet kit on due to the fucked up intake manifold design. A dry couldn't install since the fucking FPR was in the gas tank....

KillJoy

PS - That slowass POS was still the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. It was slow, but I beat the living hell out of it until I flipped it :D Got all 4 wheels off the ground several times, and the front saw about 4-5 feet of air a few....

Ahhhh....the memories

Yeah....I didn't spray it. I was too chickenshit to put a wet kit on due to the fucked up intake manifold design. A dry couldn't install since the fucking FPR was in the gas tank....

KillJoy

PS - That slowass POS was still the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. It was slow, but I beat the living hell out of it until I flipped it :D Got all 4 wheels off the ground several times, and the front saw about 4-5 feet of air a few....

Ahhhh....the memories

shoulda sprayed it 175 shot does wonders for that 3.9

wow that was gay.

i know there are plenty of aftermarket parts for the 3.8 but only by a cupple companys cause nobody thinks somebody would be to stupid to mod a V6 but there is plenty.

hey thank you gas grass ass guy for acctualy not being a dick on this subject. most people are, as u may notice in the thread.

for the whole driveshaft subject and the vibration. well lets just say you can put the car in 5th gear on the free way and u can sit back, relax and feel the wonders of my vibrating seats. it is a splended thing for when you have a sore back.

maybe i might work on the suspension cause ive been meaning to get some cheap parts and stiffin up the ride cause the body roll is horible. plus the tokyo drifting thing kinda sounds nice.

I wasn't an ass to you retard. Just because you can't do 5 minutes worth of research before you make a stupid ass post. I just answered your question.

Your fucking vibration isn't caused by a driveshaft. I will put money on that.

wow that was gay.

i know there are plenty of aftermarket parts for the 3.8 but only by a cupple companys cause nobody thinks somebody would be to stupid to mod a V6 but there is plenty.

hey thank you gas grass ass guy for acctualy not being a dick on this subject. most people are, as u may notice in the thread.

for the whole driveshaft subject and the vibration. well lets just say you can put the car in 5th gear on the free way and u can sit back, relax and feel the wonders of my vibrating seats. it is a splended thing for when you have a sore back.

maybe i might work on the suspension cause ive been meaning to get some cheap parts and stiffin up the ride cause the body roll is horible. plus the tokyo drifting thing kinda sounds nice.

Guest Hal

My guess is also that the driveshat is not the cause.

Oh, and I wasn't an ass either. Stop wasting your money on pointless mods, you will get your money's worth out of spray.

my wheels are balanced and apparently if you feel that i was calling you out on being an ass then maybe its the truth. i never said names. now as it goes for doing research, i have searched and searched but i have no idea what the diff. weight is between the two. so Kevin, you did not answer my dam questions.

no just to assholes that try to act like there going to help me but they don't. look at my welcome page and u should understand were im comming from. if you want to be nice to me then ill be the same. i just simply want to know how much a stock driveshaft is.

no just to assholes that try to act like there going to help me but they don't. look at my welcome page and u should understand were im comming from. if you want to be nice to me then ill be the same. i just simply want to know how much a stock driveshaft is.

It will be about 10 pounds lighter than stock.

Why don't either A)remove yours and weigh it, or B)buy my stock one for $20 and weigh that one. And then maybe replace yours with mine to try and this horrible vibration you're thinking its causing.

I'm sorry guys. I realized I'm a retard. I don't much about cars in general and think my 98 is the coolest. No, I will not listen to your words of wisdom, I will instead insist upon being a flaming douche for the whole world to enjoy.

Love, Martin.

See, finally you get it!