Renting Nelson Ledges $100 track day :)

RedLudeSH

If anyone is interested our club is renting Nelson Ledges on Thursday June 21. We still have 40 spots open, I know theres alot of people who enjoy road racing on here and this a great opportunity to get in on a private track day for cheap. PM me if you are interested :)

How many cars total are you expecting? 40 more slots makes it sound like there coule be an aweful lot of cars there and it could be pretty crowded. I think the last Funday I was there there might have been 40 cars total that day.

Andy

Guest Hal

Ben, I'd like to get out some weekend and try to spin my car out. Let me know when there's a day you think I might be able to try autox.

As for the track day, I won't be out.

If anyone has ever wanted to try a road course this price is very good. Open track days there are $125 normally, which is still the lowest I have seen. You will learn more about your car than you thought. But, do not over do it if you are not being coached. Make sure your brakes are good for a work out and that you are leaking NO fluids. Street tires will do fine. Just know what you are running and don't over drive the cars ability with how you have it set up. If you go once, you will do everything you can to go again. It's THAT MUCH FUN!

Hal, next sunday were running at Trails if your interested. I know it's mothers day so I told my mom if she wants to see me she can come watch me race!! I'll be going to see her saturday anyway.

Good advice Joe, Brakes are huge in racing like that, otherwise all you need is a sound running car.

Guest Hal
Joe brings a thought to my mind about tires. I know my fronts will be fine, but, how will my rears do? I'm on nitto 555r drag radials right now.

Joe brings a thought to my mind about tires. I know my fronts will be fine, but, how will my rears do? I'm on nitto 555r drag radials right now.

If they are still a street oriented tire they might be ok, but autocross will work the sidewalls and I can't see those tires being good for it.

Here is the PM I sent everyone who Pmed me about this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nationalpreludemeet.com/track.html

Here's the page for it with some info. Overall we're looknig at hopefully getting 60 cars meaning 4 groups of 15 that get to go out in 4-5 20 minute sessions, basically you'll get all the on-track time you could want. Its a really cool and fun group of people and for maybe 90% of the participants this will be the 5th year or so of doing a track day for this event meaning theres a good amount of experience out there and we are grouping according to experience levels. I hope you can attend and feel free to invite anyone else you know who may be interested. Its just $100.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You all for the interest and I hope alot of you can make it out.

15 cars at a time on a track the size of Nelson Ledges is not alot in any way. Noone will hold you up I promise, we've done 20-25 at a time on tracks smaller than NL (like Gateways road course last year) and never had a problem. Feel free to PM me any questions you may have at all.

The advantage of AWD would be negligible on a road course, especially one the size of Ledges and speed you can carry on it. A small tight autocross course would be different. It would be about the ever important power/weight ratio.

If I still have the Laser I'll def. bring it up there for the track day, I've been wanting to go really bad.

The advantage of AWD would be negligible on a road course, especially one the size of Ledges and speed you can carry on it. A small tight autocross course would be different. It would be about the ever important power/weight ratio.

If I still have the Laser I'll def. bring it up there for the track day, I've been wanting to go really bad.

When you have enough power to warrent 2x the tire size...the advantage is clear.

Clear Eyes.

If you have never been on a road coarse, should one wait until they can go to one with instructors?

You could do something like this, but I would keep the speed down and be very wary of the other drivers. If you want to do something with an instructor, NASA's HPDE program is the best way to go.

You mean how the Skyline continued to Arse-Rape the 911's Ring times with every release ?

;)