title question...

jonan

ok i bought a motorcycle off of ebay and recieved a title for it.

when i picked up the bike the guy i bought it on ebay off of had the title from the previous ower. no prob whatever. after getting the bike put back together and ready to ride i put it in the back of a truck and drove it to the title place. come to find out the prev owner messed up signing her name, she signed where the purchaser was to sign and then scratched it out and signed on the proper line. they told me to have her get another title...

he has been unable to get a hold of her.

im not sure what to do.

i was told that i can simply take the bike to the highway patrol and they will run the vin on the frame and the engine and anything else that has any serial number or whatever and will give you a title for the bike. unless anything comes back stolen, then you have to surrender anything thats hot.

i ve also heard about a service that will get you a title for $165, http://www.its-titles.com/ this is just one there are many others that offer and require pretty much the same thing. i checked them out and they look legit.

somebody point me in the right direction!

thanks

john

You can also apply for an abandoned vehicle title, they send a letter to the previous owner, and if there's no response within 30 days, it's yours you'll get another clean title. I think the SH way gets you a salvage title. There's ways to do it, it just takes some effort, the Ohio BMV is the most screwed up and impossible system to get ANYTHING done.

Best of luck, I purchased a bike with mso from Pennsylvania...long story short is BMV is no help in trying to help get legit titles. I have signed Bill of Sale and signed over MSO. Lizard - would you / your shop be able to help if I grease your palm a little?

You need to go to the Title Office on Morse Rd, Columbus, OH. I had an MSO for my dirtbike 01 yz426. Nothing more, I decided that I might try to sell it and wanted the pass for WNF. I went in and the lady there looked at it and was confused as well(since it had never been titled), but she got everything done, and I even got to pay the tax back then 5.75%! I had a late fee of coarse but thats it. She also only made me pay what I paid for it, not the original purchase price thank god. SO in other words, go to the Auto Title on Morse rd if you can, and try to see the lady with one hand(literally) she only has one hand. She is usually in the second booth, she is extremely nice. She's helped me a few times, and file for Abandoned Title, thats the best and quickest way.

You need to go to the Title Office on Morse Rd, Columbus, OH. I had an MSO for my dirtbike 01 yz426. Nothing more, I decided that I might try to sell it and wanted the pass for WNF. I went in and the lady there looked at it and was confused as well(since it had never been titled), but she got everything done, and I even got to pay the tax back then 5.75%! I had a late fee of coarse but thats it. She also only made me pay what I paid for it, not the original purchase price thank god. SO in other words, go to the Auto Title on Morse rd if you can, and try to see the lady with one hand(literally) she only has one hand. She is usually in the second booth, she is extremely nice. She's helped me a few times, and file for Abandoned Title, thats the best and quickest way.

+1 on the one hand lady...she's nice. I always forget they only take cash and she always directs me to the nearest ATM and lets me come to front when I get back instead of waiting in line. :)