any good camping sites?

There is no alcohol in any State park.

As for good places, I like to go to Mohican and Hocking hills area. I have also been to Lake Hope a few times and it is pretty nice. Not much to do there. A couple haunted locations around there, so it normally keeps me a little busy.

Zach are you talking about a ride somewhere and camp for a weekend or couple nights? I'd be down, 75 miles or less sounds good to me. I've stayed at Alum Creek park before, it was cool, but its been a few years. Alcohol is just like a don't ask, don't tell kinda thing, they won't be physically walking around and checking everyone, but if people get out of hand they will come over, we've always drank/had a good time, even with family and shit, just don't get ridiculous.

when were you thinking?

Where is Ohio power? I had a friend wow would fish there all the time and tell me how great it is.

Down near McConnellsville (sp?) I camped there for a week, and had a blast!

There's a place in Waverly, OH called Long's Retreat. It's a campground with a big lake you can swim in with big slides and diving boards, go-carts, putt-putt, horseback riding, and a few other little kid things. It's tons of fun. All of my family goes every July.

http://www.longsretreat.com

mcconnelsville is south of zanesville about 30 miles.

there is a place down there called Wolf Creek wildlife area that is pretty nice.

ive also had good times at lake hope. near the haunted railroad tunnel

Tar Hollow, Old Man's cave, Cantwell Cliffs...etc. the Hocking area is nice, i've never stayed long enough to camp there, used to live about 15min away and did a lot of hiking, but it's a pretty area...friends of mine plan a camping trip there every year, so it must be fun, i might actually go this year.

There's a place in Waverly, OH called Long's Retreat. It's a campground with a big lake you can swim in with big slides and diving boards, go-carts, putt-putt, horseback riding, and a few other little kid things. It's tons of fun. All of my family goes every July.

http://www.longsretreat.com

So basically, not really camping.

Deer Creek is cool place. It is kept very clean.

Can someone confirm this? That's out past Zainesville. That sucks.

If you go there you need to get a permit to camp from ODNR. When I went the place you got the permit was off of Morse Rd.

www.longsretreat.com

This place is decent, I know some people who have a couple campers down there. You can ride atv's and happy hollow dirt park is also three miles down the road.

You can get a permit to camp at ohio power (now called the AEP recreation land) from the ODNR website. If you don't have it on you and the DNR guys show up your not gonna be happy. There is no fee to get the permit just print and fill it out and follow the instructions. There is also no turn around time to get it approved. They just want a record of who uses their lands. Its 200,000+ acres of camping, fishing, and hunting. They also have some of the darkest skys in Ohio. The columbus astronomical society has a special use site there for observing the skys.

The AEP lands are actually spread out from about SR 60 between Zanesville and McConnelsville and go primarily along SR 78 all the way to I-77 under Cambridge.

Evan