New best tonight

Sam1647545489

I kinda got a wild hair up my ass and left work early today and went to kilkare alone. I still cant get the car to hook out of the hole, so first gear is alot of spinning. I need new rear slicks as I think these are done for. Anyways here is the run down of the pass.

Kilkare raceway. Car was in full weight 3100#, nothing removed, alittle less then 1/2 tank of gas. Rear tires at 12-13 pds of air.

60'- 1.72.. :rolleyes:

330"- 4.66

1/8th - 6.95@106.84

1/4 10.48 @ 140.13

I will be buying new rears and goin with the more spray. Should net me a 9.90 pass. If anyone wants to go, I plan on goin down to kilkare again 2 thursdays from today. Gates open at 5.

I made a few other passes. I had a 10.57 and a 10.71 both at 137. I had a best 60" of 1.70.. :rolleyes: The best pass I had was the N/A pass I made after they yelled at me for no roll bar. I went 11.57 @ 93 mph. :D Funny thing was on this pass I went 98mph in the 1/8 and the went 93 in the 1/4. I slammed on the brakes super hard...

Well Kilkare is not to strict on alot of things. Hell I went through tech with the car on the trailor, the guy just wrote a number on the window and handed me my ticket and that was it. No looking at anything at all.

Then on the first pass I went 10.7 at 137, I had my helmet on but no jacket. They flagged me down and told me to keep it slower then 11.49 since I had no jacket and roll bar. So I just put my jacket on and amde sure they saw me with it on and then did acouple more passes full bore and they never said anything else to me. So if you can make it look like you are good then they wont bother you.

Anthony, stop talking about me... :asshole: :p:D

F the cage, I couldnt see adding one unless you were going to make that a race only car, which I couldnt see why you would want to do that.

A 5-point with a removable side-bar isn't a big deal, especially when you don't have rear seats to access (they make rear seats useless, hence why I have none in my Formula). Stuff the harnesses behind the seats, and you are good to go. Sadly, my setup is a 6-point with fixed door bars, and you can't stuff the harnesses behind the seat. :(

Of course, that's only good down to 10.00, but most tracks won't say a word to someone w/ a 5-point and harness running mid-upper 9's. But there are other saftey things they usually don't check for that are also required in the 10.00-10.99 range, such as a tranny blanket or SFI approved bellhousing, and an SFI approved balancer. I've been checked on my blowdown tube for the nitrous several times as well.

A 5-point with a removable side-bar isn't a big deal, especially when you don't have rear seats to access (they make rear seats useless, hence why I have none in my Formula). Stuff the harnesses behind the seats, and you are good to go. Sadly, my setup is a 6-point with fixed door bars, and you can't stuff the harnesses behind the seat. :(

Of course, that's only good down to 10.00, but most tracks won't say a word to someone w/ a 5-point and harness running mid-upper 9's. But there are other saftey things they usually don't check for that are also required in the 10.00-10.99 range, such as a tranny blanket or SFI approved bellhousing, and an SFI approved balancer. I've been checked on my blowdown tube for the nitrous several times as well.

Meaning it's time your car lives again.