mid ohio driving school

kirks5oh

anyone ever done a driving course at mid ohio sports car course??

the wife surprised me with a one day course for my 30th birthday. you can take your own car there, or drive one of their acuras. you also spend part of the day in an s2000. i'm probably not going to use my cobra, or would only like to take it for a few laps, but i was just wondering if anyone here has done this??

have gone through Mid Ohio and Bondurant.

at Mid Ohio I had my TT 300zx (back in the day) and I have also had my S2000 there.

it's a blast. take your car...you'll be fine and you'll love it.

anyone ever done a driving course at mid ohio sports car course??

the wife surprised me with a one day course for my 30th birthday. you can take your own car there, or drive one of their acuras. you also spend part of the day in an s2000. i'm probably not going to use my cobra, or would only like to take it for a few laps, but i was just wondering if anyone here has done this??

i'm going to take my car, but i don't want to risk blowing it up, frying the brakes, or spinning it out into a wall. i'm pretty pumped to have a wife support this hobby considering i just resurected my daily beater from a blown head gasket (despite her demands for me to trash it), and also spent a ton of time and money on my cobra recently.

i'm going to take my car, but i don't want to risk blowing it up, frying the brakes, or spinning it out into a wall.

You don't have any of that to worry about, just go out there and have fun while they give you pointers.

Guest Mekkahfire

Whats the average cost for something like that?

About 4 years ago it was $800 for a complete class. I heard they stopped offering that? Im not sure of all their programs now.

You're a lucky man... :)

i haven't looked into it too much, just did a little reading on the brochure that came with the course. once my car is tuned, i'm going to set up a date to go. from what i understand, its a one day course, where you sit in the classroom for a bit, then go out and check the course out, ride along with a driver, and then spend the rest of the time on your own. its about $700. i'll post more info when i call them.

the only reason i don't want to take my car, is that i do not like to beat on my car, except for very short periods in a straight line--and i don't launch the car hard either.

Definitely use your own car, you won't regret it.

I've done 3 weekend schools that were Porsche club schools. I used my wife's EVO for all of them and had a blast. You won't be going fast enough your first time out to break anything suspension wise so I wouldn't think twice about it. It is hardest on the tires. You will wear them down towards the end once you figure out what you're doing. It isn't even that bad on the brakes because they're going to make you break pretty early and you won't be heating them up too bad.

Awesome gift.

i must say it caught me off guard. i've spent a fair amount of the very little time i have off working on my cars recently, and that usually lands me in hot water--my wife is not into cars--more into designer purses.

probably one of the best gifts i've gotten that i can remember--and i haven't even gone yet!!