Someone has got to know!

DangBruhY

it does go to the schools, and they do get their share. the majority of lottery money goes into the payouts. after that the majority left over goes to education, then some is left over for bonuses and commissions, and then a little left over for advertising and operating costs.

the answer for "why do we still have levys?" is an easy one.

because the lottery simply can not provide 100% of the funding needed for public schools. funding schools is a burden shared by the federal, state and local governments as well.

currently the lottery provides about 5% of the funding for schools annually.

Edited by John

If my math is right then ($2,260,000,000 comes in $669,300,000 goes to shools, rest goes to inventory, advertising, overhead) about $.30 of every dollar goes to the school fund or directly to the schools?

I went to Madison HS in Mansfield and one year the levy failed and they cut sports. In my Junior year a teacher explained the budget process - its kinda like to military - you have to spend all of your allotted budget or you won't get as much next year. That might be a problem with the current way the schools are being run.

If my math is right then ($2,260,000,000 comes in $669,300,000 goes to shools, rest goes to inventory, advertising, overhead) about $.30 of every dollar goes to the school fund or directly to the schools?

I went to Madison HS in Mansfield and one year the levy failed and they cut sports. In my Junior year a teacher explained the budget process - its kinda like to military - you have to spend all of your allotted budget or you won't get as much next year. That might be a problem with the current way the schools are being run.

that happened about two years after i graduated. and it was turned into a pay to play thing.