Dyno Day in Pataskala, this Saturday 6-23-07

NOPR

Im here to tell you about a dyno day this weekend here in Columbus at Defined Autoworks! This is a shop that specializes in rotary and other high performance/turbo engines. There's usually plenty of RX-7's but we want other cars too!

more info about the shop can be found here:

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=658081

or at http://www.definedautoworks.com

When: This Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cost: 3 pulls with wideband hookup, vaccum/ boost hookup $35.00

5 pulls with wideband hookup, vaccum/boost hookup $50.00

Where: Defined Autoworks

Address: 12157 Broad St.

Pataskala, Ohio 43062

Phone: 614-592-7991

Even if you dont want to dyno there should be a pretty big turnout and plenty of cool rotary and other cars to check out. Theres also a lot of cool stuff on display to look at as well. Feel free to cruise over when you have a chance and check out the shop and all the cars! We dont care what you show up in, as long as your here!

Thanks,

Max

what time?.. Work owns till 6

It will be going on all day, well probably go until 8 or so atleast. we're all going to want to go to the meets later that night if there are any. hopefully the weather is nice so we can keep it outside.

Guys, dont be worried about dynoing if you aren't making big power yet. This is a concern I've heard a lot, so this is for everybody. You could always use a baseline number in the future. Use this chance to get a baseline while its cheap! Also, a lot of the cars we get aren't dynoing huge numbers compared to some of the big guys here on CR. We get plenty in the 150-300 range. People just like to know what they make, see where their power is, and set a baseline for the future. Customers are customers, you'll be respected and your business will be appreciated no matter how much power you make.

Also, if you just want to hang out and not dyno, thats okay too. We're a new shop so a big reason for the dyno days is to draw in and meet new customers. If you dont dyno our hope is you might still keep us in mind next time you need work done, or send a friend the next dyno day.

Thanks,

-Max

Ill be there, I want to see what my car is making, hopefully I get my new DV in this friday so Im not leaking 11psi on the dyno. Ill have a few friends from out of town with cars but nothing big hp just modded wrx, is300 and 3.0L vr6 gti.

It will be a boring 220whp run :(

The website is weak, we know. there was some issues with the domain name and server or whatever, some computer crap i dont know about, but its getting worked on, trust me. Our RX7club.com section is where most of our stuff is.

neonkiller, If you want to call the shop phone at 614-592-7991, feel free. Id hate for you drive out for nothing, but last time it went past six so i think it should again.

The dynos we use are dynapacks, they bolt directly to the hub of the car. we can do all 4 and 5 lug two wheel drive vehicles.

Two questions:

1. What time do you guys open up? My shift is probably going to be different than originally planned on Saturday, so I'd be better off showing up before work.

2. Can anyone elaborate on the difference between Dynapack dynos and the traditional roller dynos? Is one more accurate than the other?

-Kevin

Two questions:

1. What time do you guys open up? My shift is probably going to be different than originally planned on Saturday, so I'd be better off showing up before work.

2. Can anyone elaborate on the difference between Dynapack dynos and the traditional roller dynos? Is one more accurate than the other?

-Kevin

We will be starting at 10am, probably going until 8 or 9pm.

Dynapack are the most conistent/accurate dynos there are. They eliminate wheel slippage, tire shrinkage/expansion, etc. They read consistent numbers pull after pull by directly measuring rear wheel torque. There was a company in New Zealand i was reading about who went from a $600,000 dollar top of the line in ground/roller dyno to a dynapack because it was more consistent.

oh, and a reminder for everyone: make sure you guys bring any specialty tools needed for your lug nuts![/b[

last time we had to turn away a camaro because the owner didnt have the special socket for his security nuts.

Guest Lewie06A3

Well i just found out i'm going to the west side of cleveland this weekend. I wont' be able to attend. It's a bummer i was actually thinking of getting a baseline pull done to the car.

Shit i forgot my DV's blown anyways so i wouldn't be able afterall. Sorry guys next time for sure!

Well i just found out i'm going to the west side of cleveland this weekend. I wont' be able to attend. It's a bummer i was actually thinking of getting a baseline pull done to the car.

Shit i forgot my DV's blown anyways so i wouldn't be able afterall. Sorry guys next time for sure!

Sorry to hear that, but its no problem. Hopefully you can make the next one.

Cool. I'll hopefully be off work at around 7:00. I'll call when I get off to see how things are going. If you're already busy at that time, I don't wanna hold you guys past leaving time.

-Kevin

trust me, we'll stay late if we have someone coming. I talked to Logan more, hes thinking about running it until 9 or 10 if theres still people there. Usually it dies down so we end around 7 or so, but it seems like we might have some more late comers this time, so well stick around.