Anyone own a Lotus Elise?

RX-7 Addict

I have been craving a lotus elise lately and think I may pick one up once I graduate from OSU in march. Anyone who has one I'd be willing to meet you just to get a ride or to check it out.

http://www.sfondideldesktop.com/Images-Cars/Lotus/Elise-2/Lotus-Elise-2-0001/Lotus-Elise-2-0001.jpg

Love everything about the car. So pure and lightweight, built for the track, removable hardtop, slightly wimpy motor but its still 0-60 in under 5 and 1/4 under 14 due to lightweightness. I am especially getting the itch after driving my family's Fiat/Bertone X1/9 over the 4th weekend, great pure, lightweight car :)

No offense, while I'd love to buy that car, but seriously, fresh outta college I wouldn't recommend it. You need a place to store it for long periods of time, its not very business friendly if you have to travel/take colleauges out, and it definitely isn't a practical daily.

my .02, buy a house first... then get the toy.

A couple owns two in Louisville I know. One's the street car, the other is a dedicated autocross car. You may have seen it in autocross pictures or a tirerack ad. It's orange with a Jolly Roger on it. They love them, I hear they can tear up Deal's Gap.

I do not own one, but I have SAT in one :D

If you are 6'+ or 200lbs+ or have big feet, don't bother. It was all I could do to get in the car. VERY awkward. Then, even with my right foot all the way to the right, I was still clipping the brake.

Do not get me wrong...these little cars pack a LOT of punch and fun for their size, but they are NOT made for the Big Boys.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

You can find a Lotus in the mid 30's. I love the lotus's and want to get one, but then I thought why not just get an STI for half the price?

Compared to how many STIs are out on the road. The Elise is quite a jewel.

They're nice cars, but probably not something I'd rock. Just not big enough.

You could go the route my bestfriend went in Texas. He bought an MR-2 Spyder (or MR-S) swapped a 2zz in it (same motor in the elise but can be had pretty cheaply if the motor comes from a donor Pontiac Vibe, not quite as cheap in the Matrix, and more expensive if received from a Celica GTS), the 6speed tranny, other custom work, ie; intake and full exhaust, power fc, and a few other goodies in the motor and of course, clutch, etc.

The Poor Man's Elise. :D The incredible adult gokart.

I'll see if he's taken some recent pics with the new suspension and wheels and post them. There's a guy (can't remember the name offhand) will do this for you turnkey. I really don't know if there's a better guy with an MRs.

Anyway, just a thought.

They are not expensive at all. The car is able to be sold at the low price because it is such a basic car. Look a the interior; straight race inspired, no powersteering, not much of power anything, but they are a sweet toy for going fast through the turns. Not too much of a slouch in a straight considering the weight to power ration either.