Columbus Schools

Guest hotrodmama024

Guest hotrodmama024

Is there anyone else on this board that puts there kid(s) in a private school, or a church school? The only public school option I have is freaking Cassady Elementary. U kiding me?

If you have any information on a good well put together school, I can feel confortable in putting my daughter in that would be great.

Thanks

my sister home schools her kids right now, she was tried to put them in one of the failing schools there so they could get a voucher for next year, but it was so bad the kids couldn't finish (allot to due with the aweful teachers there). not sure what private school she was planning on sending them to,

I graduated from Worthington Christian in 95. I know they have a K-12 program. They adhere to all state guidlines and are state certified. Their athletic program is outstanding, and I believe they offer financial assistance/scholarships.

Might be worth checking out. Bussing is also available when I was there.

St. Pius X is in Reynoldsburg is a good school. I refuse to send our son to public school. I would rather pay and know that he learned something and had smaller classes. Most private schools have a child limit where public schools take as many as they can pack in.

Meg

Guest hotrodmama024
I graduated from Worthington Christian in 95. I know they have a K-12 program. They adhere to all state guidlines and are state certified. Their athletic program is outstanding, and I believe they offer financial assistance/scholarships.

I will check this out. Sounds like what i am looking for. Thank you!!!

There is one new school I saw an add for in Columbus. I think it was a cathlic school and they thought K-8 but also did and hour a day of martial arts. Was no extra cost to Columbus residents.

Let me know. I would love to check this out as well. Thanks

Guest hotrodmama024
St. Pius X is in Reynoldsburg is a good school. I refuse to send our son to public school. I would rather pay and know that he learned something and had smaller classes. Most private schools have a child limit where public schools take as many as they can pack in.

Meg

Yeah, I agree 100%

I have never heard anything good about Columbus schools. Nor do I ever want my daughter learning about drugs, violence and sex by 2nd grade. No thank you!

I use to know several people who went there, its definitly a solid school. I went to Tree Of Life Christian Schools 7th grade-10th, then to Worthington Kilbourne till graduation. All because my mom hated the Junior High Worthington offered, but Kilbourne was one of the top 3-4 HS's in the city.

Tree is very comparable to Worthington Christian though I think it is smaller. My whole class consisted of 45-48 kids every year I was there, my graduating class at kilbourne was 600+. Tree's 7th-12th grade building isnt too far from Easton, not sure about their elementary school though.

http://www.tolcs.org/es/

I forgot that since I left they built a new elementary building in dublin. Its combined with Dublin Christian Church (i think thats the name) right by Meijer's/ Lexus of Dublin, Ive never been but it looks really nice. The location I was thinking is off of Indianola, which I think is by Ohio School for the Deaf if Im not mistaken. Still a nice school, oh but you should know they all wear uniform's. My mom loved this idea b/c she never had to go shopping for "real clothes" I dont know why.

Guest Dat Woman U luv2hate
You can always use Paris' address and send her to Westerville. The Worthington Christian I have heard alot of great reviews about, would definatly try that one. Alot of private schools offer grants and vouchers for $ off to single mothers. Ask around about that, I will NOT be sending my middle schooler back to Columbus Public. THEY SUCK! :mad:

Being a 12 year attendee and graduate of both OLP Elementary and Bishop Watterson, I can say that the Catholic school system is awesome. Classes right now at CSCC are easy...I learned the math in 8th grade and the English (which is honors, I might add) in 6th. It's made a lot of things easier on me in many ways.

I live by Easton now. If anything i want to put her in a Christian Church program. No Jewish churches Anthony!

Columbus Jewish Day School is in New Albany

A word of caution with Christian schools...

Make sure you find a school that has the same doctrinal beliefs you do, other wise you children will get conflicting stories and that will not help them at all.

my kids go to Grace Christian School. Its on the east side, its a k-8 program. My kids ride the bus there. If they won't bus from where you are [i'm sure they will] you can get gas mileage for having to drive. My brother who is now 21 went there and my kids have been there for the last five years. Great school great teachers.

its in the Eastside Grace Brethren Church just down from meijer off broad st.

http://www.gcsblacklick.org/

St.Mathews in gahanna k-12. i went there and had a good set up for college prepatory high schools. i went on to bishop harltey but had an open shot at Desales and St chucks. Columbus School for Girls and academy are other high end options as well

I wont say you get a better education per se at a private school but you have mopre of an opportunity to succeed. you can fuck up jsut about anywhere, but you are less likely to at a private school. More attentive teachers, a better student to faculty ratio and a more in tune learning environment.

also, have your kid start taking latin lesson NOW!