Which car?

If you are a "broke ass kid", get the Honda. Cheaper to own and to maintain.

If you are passionate about cars, get the BMW and live with the inevitable repairs and expense. Make sure you have a backup ride to work.

Many of the older BMW convertibles tended to leak as their owners did not do a good job of maintaining the tops, and keeping things in adjustment. It may be atypical, but I have seen three that have leaked over the years causing other issues with rust, electrical, etc.

Well, I dont really know all together. If the BMW is in good shape, it will be easy as butt to resell. I could honestly buy it and flip it like that. But...

Not necessarily. Go look at it and see how good it is. I am betting it is not as nice as the owner says it is. There will be likely a lot of "little things" that need attention that individually aren't much but collectively get pretty expensive - broken switch here, a tear in the leather, a gauge that doesn't work, tires that need replaced, etc. BMW parts are expensive.

My experience with high end cars that are going for low prices is that they generally have not been well maintained. People buy them used because they are "image" cars for $10k to $15k, and then can't afford to maintain them proprerly, and in a few years they are not worth having.

There are exceptions of course. Go to a BMW forum and get educated on what to look for. If you think it looks good, take it to a mechanic and have him go over it before buying.

If the car is really nice, it probably would have sold by now.

Good luck.

Well it is owned by someone I know. They own a small repair and sales lot and they just picked it up at an auction. They are looking at the car tomorrow and then when they are done looking at it, and finding out what it needs and does not need they are calling me.

Get mine =0

Parts are cheap for sure. And most parts from other civics, integras, cr-x, and cr-vs will be able to swap out without much trouble. Most of the cars they make are pretty much the same parts.