Which car?

That's retarded, that generic of a statement DOES NOT go with buying a car.

No but its a reasonable assumption. In general, you'll have fewer problems with a newer, lower mileage car than an older, high mileage car.

Its an ok generalization, but doing your research (especially when buying something like a car) is always better.

It is a reasonable assumption after you look at the TSB's on the car you are buying. I would for sure w/o a doubt go for the civic. Never buy old german cars if you are broke and you want a daily driver. The Germans are very proud of their parts!

No they don't, I've been running my beemer everyday and haven't had a problem. But it is a general assumption that foreign cars, like the bmw, are more expensive to fix WHEN something breaks, not that they are less reliable. The older bmw's are built like tanks, but Im not sure that I'd pay $4k for that bmw convertible unless its MINTY, as that's what they can be found for in very very nice condition.