why are the cars i like slow...?

Spidey2721

i dont think the conquest had a 4g63 in it... i know they made it to compete with the mkIII supra turbos... but i highly doubt it had a 4g63 in it. ... i found this.....

Size: 2.6 L

Engine Type: L4

Fuel Type: Gasoline

Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection

VIN Code: H, G, D, 7

Aspiration: Turbo

so it was a 2.6 turbo?

Yeah it was a turbo 2.6... and possibly the most fucked up head/intake design on the planet. It's injection system is very similar to gm's tpi system only with more restrictions. And once the air gets to the head it doesn't get much better... the intake ports are quite literally L shaped. A two year old could probably design a more efficient setup.

i had a conquest once aww yes... i paid 1000 bucks for it... I beat the living shit out of it for about 10 months. I had the funnest time drifting in the snow and rain. It was an nightmare when it came to wiring. But my drive shaft broke out the back of the trans. I took it to you wrench it got 110 bucks for it. All the fun i had in it. it was worth it but not a car i would own for a good daliy driver.

Ouch. Just swap in an LSx if you want to go fast in a straight line.

It's true that the engine blows for big power

The car just wasn't made for going fast in a straight line with the factory powerplant.

I think the suspension is set up OK for the twisties though.

CJ

Guest GMoney
why would a LSX motor only be good for a straight line? I bet any LSX motor weighs less than the POS 2.6 cast iron boat anchor that came in the car. you would also eliminate a turbo and all related parts.