Car wheel on bike

magifesq

I rode with a guy last Summer, that had one on the back of his cruiser. A Goodyear Eagle, wider than a stock tire. He had cut and formed both the rim and the fender to be wider. And all the parts around it to go with it modified as well. It looked great, but no one will mount a tire for you. The whole thing is basically "off-road". It can be done, but you have to find a very limited number of shops that will work on one.

Wow folks, I've been away for the afternoon working in the garage (that's why I've been quiet) and people are conjecturing on my intentions?

The 91 VFR 750 rim is a bit narrow and the 180 tire I put on it is more humped than wide:(, so I figured it would probably be easier to get an aftermarket car wheel (per my co-worker's suggestion) than to find another VFR rear wheel since they're quite difficult to find:(. So I'd put a spacer plate between the swingarm mount/hub and the wheel. The single sided swingarm I did because they're novel. 8.5# of boost puts my bike @232HP and 140#-lbs of torque. Lots of fun:D. Car tires would be less expensive, also less lean angle.

I just checked, the VFR wheel is a 5.5" x 17", I'm looking to put a 6" x 17" on it and if I could get an afoordable car wheel with a 4 x 100 bolt pattern to fit, there's some slick aftermarket car wheels I figured with a spacer and some patience I'd swap out to 1. Widen the tire area, 2. Put a wheel on there nobody else would have (yeah, I'm into some uniqueness)