A few questions

wnaplay1647545503

I'm not sure why you'd want to pull the battery? Can you explain?

Also, I know plenty of people that have been riding for 5 years or so without ever getting a permit, not to mention hundreds of people that ride when they aren't supposed to with just a permit. (dark, hwy, passenger, etc).

Might not be the right thing to do, but neither is speeding.

I rode for 4months with just my permit, any time of the day, and quite often on the hwy, since its nice to cruise, and I had my gf with me quite often.

Never been pulled over, just don't be stupid and you'll be ok.

Alot of bikes won't run without the battery attached for very long simply for the point that you can idle your battery to the point of being dead(at idle the engine saps more energy than the alternator can put into the battery).

As for your second question, if you're caught with no endorcement the bike is impounded there on the spot. As for learners permit on the hwy, after dark, etc, by the book the cop is suppose to impound the bike and give you a ticket, though depending on your record, how you act towards the cop, what you're riding, what you were pulled over for, what you're wearing(fully geared as opposed to a t-shirt and shorts), they may let you off. If you get pulled over with a permit and no helmet though most Ohio cops will be very quick to impound the bike.

i was pulle dover without a permit, charged with excessive speed and wreckless endangerment, this was 3 years ago, this month, bike was not impunded, somone had to come get the bike. it was in gahanna too. ended up wiht a $300 fine and 1 year unsupervised probation.

i was wearing a helmet.

just depends i guess.. i rode for 4 years, 3 of which was with a permit and one without.

jsut go take the test its easy, get your permit, then take the riding course get your license and be done with it.

now that i have my license i never have to worry about that shit agian.. i was young and stupid to not get one in the first place.

also get a battery tender for that bike. especially one with a quick detach so yu dont have to remove anything from the bike to get to the batter jsut plug it in and charge, unplug and ride.

i have one at the house with 2 sets of quick disconnects, and i love it.

Can you unhook a motorcycle battery while running and have the bike stay running like a car?

Anyone ever get pulled over and not have a learners permit or license? What happens? I know a ticket but how much and is your bike impounded?

Go get your permit and license. It's cheap and then you don't have to worry about it. Your only restriction will be that you have to wear a helmet for the first year (I think you're a fool if you don't wear a helmet even when it isn't required, but it's your head and your business).

The permit test is a joke - it's just a written test.

^^^ Completely agree ^^^^

I just took the test last month. I studied the book they give you w/ the packet a few nights and it was a breeze.

There is no reason not to get the permit other than being lazy. The test is really that simple.

According to a few police officers I've talked to alot of the people who don't have a permit and decide to ride all out also don't have insurance. They don't feel like paying for any of that(I knew someone with that kinda mindset. He was really an arrogant prick as well)

According to a few police officers I've talked to alot of the people who don't have a permit and decide to ride all out also don't have insurance. They don't feel like paying for any of that(I knew someone with that kinda mindset. He was really an arrogant prick as well)

Indeed - it shows responsibility. Statistics also indicate that many riders crash with only their permit or no permit at all.

Getting your license doesn't mean you suddenly know how to ride, but it implies a level of responsibility that people who choose to ride with permit only or no permit don't have.

I'm not insulting anyone here that has only their permit, but those are the statistics.

An easier and MUCH better way to get your license is to take an MSF class - if you pass it, then you will get your full M-endorsement. Plus you get rider training -something important if you have never ridden or are returning to riding. Riding a motorcycle isn't like driving a car, not only from the standpoint of protection and handling, but from the standpoint of how traffic treats you.

I tried to get into the class the day after I got my permit. Its booked until next year.

I did hear that you could try showing up to a class and if there is a no show you can take their spot.

As soon as I can get into the class I plan to.

is you jumped it off a car battery then pretty much say you fired the rectefier or the cdi box seen it happen alot

+1

make sure the car is NOT RUNNING when you jump it. long story short, your car wants to be at ~14.5 volts, while your bike wants to stay at ~14.1

it turns into a tug of war and the bikes regulator will ALWAYS lose