my new toy. S&W 9mm

evan9381

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice gun Evan. I bought the exact same gun in February. I have since then put about 1,000 rounds through it and never had a single problem. The only gripe a lot of people had with the gun is it does have a very heavy trigger pull. They did that because the gun does not have the normal safety. It has a trigger safety so they made the pull much more heavy. I had a Hi-Point 9mm before than and I think I got use to the heavy trigger pull with it, so going to the Sigma wasn't much of a problem.

I am thinking of picking up the 40 version of the gun for more stopping power. But I like the 9mm because of the cheap rounds. Wal-Mart has Winchester 9mm, boxes of 100 for a little under $14.

The only gripe a lot of people had with the gun is it does have a very heavy trigger pull. They did that because the gun does not have the normal safety. It has a trigger safety so they made the pull much more heavy.

there are no "safeties" on guns, you have a de-cocker or a hammer lock on some auto pistols. show me a "safety" on a revolver. they never had any problems with those going off accidelty it worked as designed, someone pulled the trigger.

isn't it about time for a CR range day?

+1 for the XD .45, if you can't put the threat down with 14 rounds of 230gr JHP, no gun will help you!

As for the Sigma, yes it's basically a cheap Glock, and don't beat yourself up when your groups aren't that good. It's not a precise gun, the trigger is long and stiff.

Im game for CR range day.

I say we go all the way up to the OUTDOOR range on 36 there. That way we could all meet up there and spend some time BSing and shooting everyones guns.

Maybe even hit the clays with the shottys next to it!

I say we go all the way up to the OUTDOOR range on 36 there. That way we could all meet up there and spend some time BSing and shooting everyones guns.

Maybe even hit the clays with the shottys next to it!

i have my dads riot shot gun, that thing is a blast because of the low recoil and easy pump action.

Smith and Wesson are not what they used to be. They dont have a lifetime warranty anymore. Whoever told you that was wrong. They do how ever have a lifetime service, meaning they will fix workmanship issues. Still a good gun but there are better on the market.

Cliffs: I'd still buy one but I would shop the market.

I'm game for doing it on a sunday or something. Or later saturday afternoonish. You pay @ Norton's a whooping 5$ I think, then shoot all day.

there are no "safeties" on guns, you have a de-cocker or a hammer lock on some auto pistols. show me a "safety" on a revolver. they never had any problems with those going off accidelty it worked as designed, someone pulled the trigger.

Whats that say. there are safety on most guns. There are guns without safeties. If a gun is cocked you pull back on the hammer and slightly pull the trigger and guide the hammer back in. I can show you safeties on many revolvers. Are you saying there arent any safeties on revolvers? Hell I have semi-autos with 4 safeties on them.

Whats that say. there are safety on most guns. There are guns without safeties. If a gun is cocked you pull back on the hammer and slightly pull the trigger and guide the hammer back in. I can show you safeties on many revolvers. Are you saying there arent any safeties on revolvers? Hell I have semi-autos with 4 safeties on them.

if your talking about the bar that comes up in front of the fire pin that is not a safety. all that does is prevent the gun from going off it its droped on the hammer and the trigger is not pulled.

[edit] Double-action revolvers

On double-action revolvers, there are no external safety devices; a trigger pull will always result in firing (unless the chamber being indexed into battery is empty). In general, the heavy trigger pull required to cock and then fire the weapon prevents accidental discharges from dropping or mishandling the gun. In addition to that fact, most modern double-action revolvers do have an internal safety, either a hammer block or a transfer bar, that prevents firing not originating from a trigger pull (e.g., gun is dropped).

[/url]

[edit] Single-action revolvers

Single-action revolvers have no external safeties, and they usually have no internal safeties (such as a hammer block or transfer bar) to render them drop-safe. (Real antiques are in this category; modern replicas may have hammer blocks.) Therefore, carrying them with a loaded chamber under the hammer is not safe. When they are carried (concealed or openly), the hammer should be left down on an empty chamber

unless its some odd gun that nobody carrys or its some junk brand then no they have no safetys.

i like this too

[edit] Other subtypes

Examples of the variety of typical semi-auto mechanisms are a stiff double-action trigger pull with the safety off (Beretta 92), a double-action with no external safety (SIG-Sauer P-series, or Kel-Tec P-32), or a crisp single action trigger pull with a manual safety engaged (M1911 and certain configurations of the HK USP). An alternative are striker-fired or "safe action" type weapons which have a consistent trigger pull requiring force greater than required by a single-action design, but lighter than needed for a double-action trigger. Many such weapons do not have an external safety or external hammer (Glock pistols and the Walther P99 and variants). Other designs feature an external safety, such as a grip safety (Springfield Armory XD Series).In both cases, the action is very simple—a trigger pull always sends a discharge—and there are internal safeties to prevent non-trigger-pull discharge (e.g., dropping the gun).

no safeties on guns eh? i bring to you the H&K usp line

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_USP

MY AR is in MY closet. i dont know where yours is.

what happen to selling it to me?

nope, not unless youre asking to be killed.

3. Military

And yes depending on situation, if a weapon had a selector switch or safety, it would be on, until came upon to use such weapon.

then you will both lose the battle. high stress situations(such as a gun fight) you brain goes with gross motor movement and you lose your fine motor skills, making a weapon ready to fire is a fine motor movement. pulling from a holster and pulling the trigger is a gross motor movement. ask any law enforcement or military for that matter if there ready to fire from the draw and you will get a yes.

again i can back up everything i say.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC01507.jpg?t=1187739250

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC01508.jpg?t=1187739250

Smith & Wesson Sigma, 9mm. coulda got a .40 cal but i thought this would be a better gun to start with, as im a n00bie w/ handguns. also got 2 extra magazines (3 total), which hold 15 rounds each. lifetime warranty, if i have to ship it in, S&W will pay shipping both ways from what the guy at the place was telling me.

i came out of pocket, 28$ with a box of 50 rounds. i had a couple shotguns i tried to sell to vances, and they wanted to give me 210$ for both. i took them to my g/fs grandpa, who is the gunsmith for the shop, he made a couple calls and got $300 for both, which is what i wanted. her grandpa also has the largest collection of lugers of anyone in the country. he was saying the one safe he has over $1,000,000 of old army lugers. i feel lucky to have seen/held a few of them.

i can't wait to get out this weekend and put some rounds thru it.

if you want to shoot it not sure where you are but ..we can set some targets up out back of my place and shoot

i'm up north close to marengo