Short term jobs question.

thorne

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no its not wrong, like Austin said, do what you gotta do. But i agree, find a pizza delivery job and work a few nights/days a week, then the less time you need cutback your hours. If they let you do it one night a weekthen if you need some more cash work a bit more. I have a second job but I only work saturday nights and its 'fun' so its hard to call it work.

You guys say that because you're not business owners.

Yes its wrong. When you commit to a new job you are commiting to us, the business owners, that you want to come work for us, that you CHOSE us, and in return we reward you with steady income. It is a privledge to have a job, not a right... act like it.

On the business side of things, we measure retention of the course of 3months, and 1yr.

Every job is important, even one at McDonalds... you just have to figure out how its important to be able to enjoy it and respect it.

plenty of business owners just want someone to fill in when business is heavy, or one of the other workers left for a month or two... so i would say to ask when youre looking for a job. ive done it many times, and theyre always fine. they will be reluctant to give you a position with any responsibilities... but you can still make $.

You guys say that because you're not business owners.

Yes its wrong. When you commit to a new job you are commiting to us, the business owners, that you want to come work for us, that you CHOSE us, and in return we reward you with steady income. It is a privledge to have a job, not a right... act like it.

On the business side of things, we measure retention of the course of 3months, and 1yr.

Every job is important, even one at McDonalds... you just have to figure out how its important to be able to enjoy it and respect it.

Best post.... you win.

It cost thousands of dollars to train someone for most jobs. I have had people do that to me and I hate it. Nothing make my BP go up more than that. I think if you take a job you need to be serious, and commit to it. If you need money and want a short term job go to Manpower. Otherwise leave the jobs for those who are in for the long haul.

No offense to any business owners here that actually care about their employee's, but most companies will fuck you over in a heartbeat if it serves the bottom line . I'm all for fucking them right back any chance i get. fuck yea go ahead and get a part time job, and when your done, tell em later.

And, yea, im salty because i lost a 5 year job in may over some office politics/ power struggle bullshit. now i just lost another one after more political bullshit. Maybe it's just not my year or maybe i'm an asshole, i dunno lol.

No offense to any business owners here that actually care about their employee's, but most companies will fuck you over in a heartbeat if it serves the bottom line . I'm all for fucking them right back any chance i get. fuck yea go ahead and get a part time job, and when your done, tell em later.

And, yea, im salty because i lost a 5 year job in may over some office politics/ power struggle bullshit. now i just lost another one after more political bullshit. Maybe it's just not my year or maybe i'm an asshole, i dunno lol.

Life isn't always fair. Tough shit.

Yeah.

Wait till you can afford it or stop being poor.

Blow me I'm sorry that I've got bills I'm paying off with my primary income. No matter what having more funds quicker makes any project go faster since It would be stupid to put a turbo install and shit on my CC.

. Since I am waiting right now It's BS that you would even say some shit like that. Maybe once you mod your car a little past a chip you will understand the money it takes to make a car fast.

... Yes your post did piss me off. Specially when I think about the fact my wifes car is faster then yours (MyoldCar)

Well fortune smiles. I just not 5 minutes ago got a call from a old friend who wnats some servers built/setup.

Sweet. I think it sounds like the better thing to do is going to be to whore myself out IT wise few a little bit. Thanks for the ideas guys.

I agree with you to a point. All companies will look out for their bottom dollar and their profit margin over everything else, no matter what. Though it's nothing personal, you just have to understand that going into it. So why is it so wrong that employee's do the same for themselves?