bluegrass is almost done. first drive (video)

natedogg624

I rode around it on Wednesday in the owner's Porsche Cayenne. Went there with a friend to help them decide where to put the gravel traps for bike racing.

This place is going to be fantastic. A wide track with some decent elevation changes and quite a few blind crests that are gonna make yer bunghole pucker when you ride them for the first time.

Took shitloads of pictures, but the owner doesn't want them posted to forums until the track is complete. I'll post them one day - or show them to you guys in person sometime.

I rode around it on Wednesday in the owner's Porsche Cayenne. Went there with a friend to help them decide where to put the gravel traps for bike racing.

This place is going to be fantastic. A wide track with some decent elevation changes and quite a few blind crests that are gonna make yer bunghole pucker when you ride them for the first time.

Took shitloads of pictures, but the owner doesn't want them posted to forums until the track is complete. I'll post them one day - or show them to you guys in person sometime.

You know I hate you guys. I was supposed to go and hang, but John's last minute decision made things too tough...

Rub stated he thought it was a pretty cool track. I'll be there next time. It's cool you went. How'd the Sable treat ya?

You know I hate you guys. I was supposed to go and hang, but John's last minute decision made things too tough...

Rub stated he thought it was a pretty cool track. I'll be there next time. It's cool you went. How'd the Sable treat ya?

The Sable is on it's last legs with transmission problems. Whines like a little bitch everytime he gasses it. Definitely didn't like pulling my trailer (Rub had to deliver a bike to a guy there). Still had fun though. Place is going to be ultra-cool.

The Sable is on it's last legs with transmission problems. Whines like a little bitch everytime he gasses it. Definitely didn't like pulling my trailer (Rub had to deliver a bike to a guy there). Still had fun though. Place is going to be ultra-cool.

Must not have been too bad - heard you were a sleep almost immediately when I called... :D

would it be possible for a normal person like me to tag along nest time you guys head down that way?:D

It's possible, but I cannot speak for everyone. I will certainly be down there the next time as I just couldn't swing it this time around and know Reuben is a great source for that type of feedback... John is too, but more of a car guy than bike...

Anyways, the next time it comes up, we'll see... I believe we'll be there again shortly to overview what safety measures he has taken...

After I realized that we're living in 2008 and have access to such technomagik such as Google Earth and whatnot, I deduced that this place is 158 mi – about 2 hours 41 mins from Columbus (OSU campus to be exact). Not terrible, but still no Mid-Ohio in terms of convenience.

So, who wants to rent me a spot on their trailer? :D

the price will no doubt overcome the convenience...

Do you mean that Bluegrass will be so cheap that it outweighs the convenience of Mid-Ohio? What type of prices are we talking here? I'd love to get a track day in this upcoming season :D

i heard from the rumor mill from he said she said that it was going to be much cheaper than mid ohio.

definitely cheaper that much is for sure.

i dont know, the stt usually runs trackdays at the same price for just about everywhere. but who knows it would be super nice if it were cheaper though. it is about an hour closer drive for me as opposed to the drive to mid-ohio. that would make 3 tracks that are within 2 1/2 hours driving distance:D

It's possible, but I cannot speak for everyone. I will certainly be down there the next time as I just couldn't swing it this time around and know Reuben is a great source for that type of feedback... John is too, but more of a car guy than bike...

Anyways, the next time it comes up, we'll see... I believe we'll be there again shortly to overview what safety measures he has taken...

awesome give me a heads up if it would be possible next time you head down there. and not to bash anyone but i am sure daily knows what he is doing when it comes to safety measures, it is always good to check though:D

The cost will certainly be cheaper than Mid-Ohio. If you look, Mid-Ohio is more than any other venue. This is due to track rental. It is more expensive to rent than the others, but outside BlueGrass, there isn't any other track in remotely the same condition.

Now, realize that other tracks like Barber are expensive as well, but are not within the regional area of us and Mid-Ohio so, I am not including that track in my comparison.

BlueGrass can become more if it gets top shelf racing and such. Put it this way, STT is in early and locked dates. That helped a ton. Now, come this time next year and AMA, WERA, SCCA, etc start talking to him, rental may go up.

Of course, Monte is so damn savvy a business man, he probably will have locked prices for a few years. He's too smart to get blind sided...

Point is that the extra 1-1/2 hour drive and related fuel expenses will be offset with a cheaper entry fee. It all works out - two great tracks for the same money. It's a win-win.