what exactly is "high" mileage?

Jonan1647545505

ive been looking around for my next bike, sold my first bike couple weeks ago http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42046, and all the bikes in my price range have anywhere from 15k-35k miles on them. my bike had 16k and ran great. so what exactly is considered high mileage?

Things have changed a lot with bikes over the years. It used to be 15000 was pretty high but they've made huge strides over the last 20 years and a sportbike with 40,000 can still be extremely dependable. It may need some TLC but it will run for a long time to come. Goldwings, BMWs, Harleys, and other touring bikes can go 100,000 easy.

What is your price range and what are you wanting to do with the bike?

well im in college so im broke. i have about 1300 cash, and am trying to get someone to let me use paypal to pay anything beyond that...no luck as of yet. i really dont want to spend more than $3k. ive only ridden 4 bikes bcomfortable bike efore only one more than 5-10miles total, i drove my gs around for about 400 in a couple months. i found it to be extremely uncomfortable, all the other bikes, even though i never rode them very far, they were comfortable. so i want a more compaired to my gs. two of the other bikes were cbr600 and a gsxr600, both were a blast to ride. the other was a triumph daytona900, super comfortable great smooth bike, not as much umph but a good ride. i like the acceleration of the sport bike.

are there bikes that are a sport bike but more comfortable?

a friend of a friend has a 98 gsxr with 12k miles wants $3750 great looking, handles great, is it worth that?

thanks

buy a salvaged bike. get a 2001 or newer, that way you are almost sure to get an injected bike. look for something with cosmetic damage. Here's a good example, i could have picked up a 2003 rc-51 for a lil over 3k and all it needed was the shifter side rearset and shifter, farings and a wind screen. thats the way i'd do it, there are plenty of great salvage bikes out there.