"the pill" for men

evan9381

so i happened to be flipping thru channels and saw this show on the history channel about sex technology and shit coming out, etc etc. something that was brought up was "the pill" for men. basically it would take sperm production down to 0. so it got me thinking, how many guys would take that?

im still undecided.

what about you?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but i guess its one of those things like, what if you decide you do want kids later on?

me, im 22, have no want/need/desire for any kids. ever. but maybe one day that will change. i guess it would be a good option for me, but i dont know if i would want to take a pill daily

I'd give anything to have my vasectomy reversed and KNOW it was 100% effective. Not to mention:

1) It's not covered under insurance for the reversal. $8000 for the procedure, $4000 up front.

2) 85% effective within the first year of the initial procedure, 55% within the first three years, then it steadily decreases after that.

Why did I have it done? My stupid bitch of an ex-wife said she didn't want any more kids after the first two, and I was nice enough to get "fixed" since it's quicker and less painful for the male versus the female. Two months after our separation (not even divorced) she's knocked up again.

I'd like to have another child, and even artificial insemination is expensive and painful and not always 100%. A pill would be a great alternative. Ignore people like Shawn who have personal issues and tell everyone else to fuck having kids :rolleyes:

I'd do it. I'm actually most likely going to get a Vascetomy at the beginning of next year. One kid is all we want/need.

Good luck finding a Doc that will do that for you... at 22 and 1 kid I don't think they will do it.

I'd give anything to have my vasectomy reversed and KNOW it was 100% effective. Not to mention:

1) It's not covered under insurance for the reversal. $8000 for the procedure, $4000 up front.

2) 85% effective within the first year of the initial procedure, 55% within the first three years, then it steadily decreases after that.

Why did I have it done? My stupid bitch of an ex-wife said she didn't want any more kids after the first two, and I was nice enough to get "fixed" since it's quicker and less painful for the male versus the female. Two months after our separation (not even divorced) she's knocked up again.

I'd like to have another child, and even artificial insemination is expensive and painful and not always 100%. A pill would be a great alternative. Ignore people like Shawn who have personal issues and tell everyone else to fuck having kids :rolleyes:

Just providing advice,

Everyone should have like 10 kids!

The world needs to be populated afterall!

i'd take the pill in a heartbeat, provided long-term side effects are proven to be minimal. long term usage of birth control in women is not a good thing. puts them at risk for cancer, and more and more people are having a difficult time getting pregnant after discontinuing oral contraceptives.

Negative for me- Just keep it wrapped up-

Do you really think the risk of cancer/other long term effects will be different for men?

Any chronic xenobiotic substance will have long term ramifications of some sort that we are unable to predict/prevent regardless of how "smart" we think we are.

And no I am not a vegan/alternative medicine fanatic.

Bachelors in Molecular Biology and Masters in Molecular Genetics- PhD program that I resigned from.

personally when it comes to kids we are done. 3 is enough for me/us. Last year when I my physical I brought it up to our family doc. and she told me think about it and if was truely something I wanted to do she would give me a referral. I held off on doing it since my wife had her tubes tied.

As others like Shawn having a vasectomy more power to him. Thats what HE wanted. Besides there some people out there that shouldn't reproduce. :)

As for the Pill itself it could be a good thing for the market. If insurance companies cover it 100% it may force them to do the same with womens birth control. Which I still don't understand why is not fully covered. Only other think that would concern me are longterm side affects.

Do you really think the risk of cancer/other long term effects will be different for men?

i do. womens' hormonal systems are much, much more complicated than mens'. there are many more interactions that are critical for normal function, and not surprising, when you mess with them, you can get uncontrolled growth (cancer) as a result.

i'm surprised a male pill has not been developed years ago--

so i happened to be flipping thru channels and saw this show on the history channel about sex technology and shit coming out, etc etc. something that was brought up was "the pill" for men. basically it would take sperm production down to 0. so it got me thinking, how many guys would take that?

im still undecided.

what about you?

:woowoo: I believe condoms are for sailors and queers.

I got a vasectomy I found out our second son had Autism. Until you deal with a child day in and day out that has Autism, don't tell me how it is. I (we) did not want to take the chance at having a second child with autism. That would just drive us into the wall. Mine was $60 after two visits. one for a talk to about and stuff, and the second for the actual procedure.

Everyone has their own reasons and it's up to each person/family to decide.

As for the Pill for men. I'd would have taken it WAY back in the day... like 10 years ago. Not now as it's not needed :).

Lambskin condoms FTW. Can't even tell there's one on. I don't want my wife to be taking the pill as there are tons of issues that vary from person to person. Besides, if we want to have a third kid, no problem.

They are nice but god damn are they PRICEY!

With the direction this world is heading, I would find it cruel to bring a kid into it. It's not something I'd want them to deal with.

P.S. Planning on getting nipped within the next year. :eek:

Judging by your sig, you'll be pissing your excellence in the shitter.. lol :).

I had the old crochet hook maneuver done earlier this year. it is awesome, the pills were giving my wife migraines and 2 is enough for us.

Yes it hurt, yes it healed quickly. my dr. suggested buying a 6 pack and sitting on it and slowly drinking them.

his name was Dr. Bohl.

i would be the first person in line for something like that, i look at my fuck up friends who are having kids at a young age and it makes me sad, i dont want kids until im out of college and have had a steady job for atleast 5 years.