What is a normal temperature for sportbikes?

youngflyflashy

How hot temperature-wise do sportbikes usually get just riding on the street and what is too hot? i have an '05 636 and it's my first super-sportbike so i'm not really familiar with the normal operating temps, and it seems like it's running fairly hot (i can literally feel the heat comming from the engine lol)...i was right around 198-223 degrees, is this normal?

I had one just like it and that's what mine ran. Your good.

How hot temperature-wise do sportbikes usually get just riding on the street and what is too hot? i have an '05 636 and it's my first super-sportbike so i'm not really familiar with the normal operating temps, and it seems like it's running fairly hot (i can literally feel the heat comming from the engine lol)...i was right around 198-223 degrees, is this normal?

223 is a little hotter than you'd like to be, but I'm going to assume you weren't being too specific on that number as it's just a bit higher than most bikes will have the fan kick on.

Most newer sport bikes have the fan kick on in the 210-215 range, and shouldn't go much above that. I'd consider 220 about the ceiling of comfort.

As for the heat off of the engine bay....welcome to sportbikes.