Well Deejay (5.7), I am at my wits end

Guest chpmnsws6

Guest chpmnsws6

Again, He will not respond to me, after leaving a few voicemails in the last 2 weeks. Does anyone know where he works so I can contact him that way? He has not paid for his parts, that i have reciepts for (and he does not), and am ready to contact the authorities to speak with them about the situation. I hate bringing this back out into the open, but he has pushed me into a wall. I bent over backwards so he could race at the CR event on september 28th, staying up all night while he came to get his car when I had to work at 6am (him picking the car up at 2:30am after saying he'd be here around 10:30pm), and it has done nothing for me except put me into debt (I paid for the parts upfront with him saying he would pay for them when he got the car.) Why I let him take the car without full payment is beyond me. I spent MANY nights turning his car that came to me in pieces into something that was halfway respectable, untill I was rushed and had to throw it all back in so he could race. He seemed like a respectful human being, but now with this lack of disrespect for me, the person who BUILT HIS CAR, has me very dissapointed.

Again, can someone contact him, and make sure he reaches me?

Thank you all

Mike

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chpmnsws6
hey, sorry i haven't been home and online much.. My grandparents told me they were sending it out to you today or tomorrow, but I can't remember, whats your last?.. its going to be a certified check from their bank..

This was sent to me on October 9th. That was 11 days ago. We are not more then 2 hours away and it usually takes USPS a day to get things from columbus to here

Guest chpmnsws6
unfortunately it is tools like this kid that make us all jaded and untrusting.

living up to your word is what makes you a man, until you can do that you are a child.

This is what I thought. This is why i spent MANY long nights out in the garage getting the car ready for him. I gave him my word, and ran myself into the ground making sure I stuck to that word. Hopefully he comes in to defend himself and get this resolved. I even gave him a built to hell GTO T56 which has better gearing and is worth about 400-500 dollars more then his t56 once built.

have anymore LS1 T56s? sorry dont know the kid. Didnt he have a post asking to get ahold of you a while back too? From his posts I always thought he seemed legit. I bet court will be the fastest way to get it back. Beating someones ass never solves anything.

yeah, i do recall a thread he posted saying it was taking you months to get his car done, and wouldnt get back in touch with him.

upon further searching, i found the thread, but he edited it saying it was all resolved.

maybe he was pissed it took you a long time, and is now returning the favor

just to make it clear, im not in any way saying that its the right thing to do, or in any way on his side, i dont even know the guy, but just trying to make some sense of the situation...idk

Guest chpmnsws6
have anymore LS1 T56s? sorry dont know the kid. Didnt he have a post asking to get ahold of you a while back too? From his posts I always thought he seemed legit. I bet court will be the fastest way to get it back. Beating someones ass never solves anything.

I do have a T56 that will be built in the next week or two. After I get it assembled I can send you a PM if you'd like. Kicking his ass would be instant gratification, but as an adult, we cannot do those things anymore.

Guest chpmnsws6
yeah, i do recall a thread he posted saying it was taking you months to get his car done, and wouldnt get back in touch with him.

upon further searching, i found the thread, but he edited it saying it was all resolved.

maybe he was pissed it took you a long time, and is now returning the favor

just to make it clear, im not in any way saying that its the right thing to do, or in any way on his side, i dont even know the guy, but just trying to make some sense of the situation...idk

Before taking the project on, I told him upfront I have a full time job, am in school full time, and exercise 1-2 hours a day, so it could only be done in my spare time. He agreed to this. The vehicle was delivered to me on July 9th with most of the engine and accessories in the hatch of the Z28. It was VERY dirty and nasty. By August I had it running, the 9 inch in, the suspension in, the new manual brakes in with all new lines, the interior gutted, and dash removed, lightened, HVAC plate installed, and dash back in with everything working correctly. By September 27th I had almost everything back together, with a Built GTO transmission and Spec Stage 4 clutch. I gave him a very small list of things that needed done, as I was unable to get them finished in time for the CR event on September 28th. If anyone has ever taken a stock car and turned it into a drag car all in one shot, they know it takes time to do it correctly. most of the time spent was me waiting for MY NEXT PAYCHECK so I could buy the parts, with him paying me back, because he would say he was going to order them and then would never deliver. When he would call or PM me, I would respond THAT DAY, once I was out of class or work. He has not responded to me in 12 days.

Is that justified?

Guest chpmnsws6
I contacted him again. In the future please do not list another members telephone number without their consent. "I need someone local to call DeeJay for me" would have been sufficient.

Sorry about that. It will not happen again. Thank you for editing the number out though (at least I think you did as I do not see it in this thread anymore). I am trying to do things as nicely as possible, while still trying to get the word out and maybe get Deejay to pay me for the parts I personally still owe money on.

I do have a T56 that will be built in the next week or two. After I get it assembled I can send you a PM if you'd like. Kicking his ass would be instant gratification, but as an adult, we cannot do those things anymore.

shoot me a PM later and tell me what you want for it. Thanks

Wow, this really sucks to hear. I only met DeeJay once, and that was when he helping me renew my Verizon contract over 2 years ago. I hope it all works out for you.

You did not meet this DeeJay then, you met DJ (Orion) he is a stand up guy. Do not get these two confused.