OFFICIAL NFL Week 9 Flame Thread

El Karacho1647545492

Alright, my topic: Colts vs. Patriots

It seems to me the Patriots have done everything in their power to piss on every comment made about their team.

"CameraGate shows how Belichick and the Pats D gained an unfair advantage:

Response: Theyve got the 4th best D in the NFL even without Seymour and Harrison for the first 4 weeks, and they're fucking angry.

"Brady isn't the real deal"

Response: In position to break every goddamn record there is

"Moss is going to stop playing well as soon as they don't throw the ball to him"

Response: Today, Moss had a wide open opportunity in the end zone and Brady decided to run it in. Does Moss bitch? Nope.

"The Patriots shouldn't have run up the score against Miami"

Response: "You wanna see running up the score? We'll fucking show you running up the goddamn score...c'mere Redskins"

The Patriots are scary good. this should be an amazing game. I say 41- 27 Pats. Colts fans, chime in.

The Patriots are unbelievably good and it pisses me off because I can't stand them. I still think Tom Brady is overrated and I always will. He has the best line, the best receivers, and the best offensive system. I mean he has all fucking day to throw the ball, his receivers always get open, and they get some serious yards-after-catch. Even Akili Smith could do well in that offense. Brady's amazing numbers this year are just a product of the system. Yes he is good, but he isn't THAT good. Put him on a shitty team like the Raiders or Chiefs and lets see how well he does.

I just wish my 49ers could score some fucking points. Another sad year to be a Niners fan :(

I hear what you're saying about Brady having an O-line and having receivers, but you can say the exact same about Harrison/Wayne/Gonzalez/Clark/Utecht and Manning. Its just that Brady has been able to cultivate a kind of understanding between himself and his receivers, especially Moss and Welker, that normally would take a receiver/QB years to develop. You could say the same about any good QB: take away all the support they have and they wouldn't be throwing TD passes. Well, duh! Even Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, John Elway would be no one if they didn't have guys around the ball that could make clutch plays. I think anyone who still says Brady is overrated is simply not looking at the facts.

Edit: R-e-c-e-i-v-e-r-s, not r-e-c-i-e-v-e-r-s....d'oh

if there's anyone that can do it, its the colts. honestly, I hope the colts win. I dont want the pats to go 16-0, or even 14-0. They need an honest regular season loss (honest meaning Matt Cassel doesn't take more than 0 snaps) to a good team to show them where they need work. Letting Miami get 28 was a wakeup, now they need to have a losing game where they don't end up all looking like heroes. They need a reason to sit down by themselves, then come back together as a team and say "okay, we need to do x, y, and z before the playoffs to make sure we're unstoppable"

I will be in Vegas for this game. I will defiantly be betting on it. I hate the Pats for their arrogance, but I love them because they play with FIRE. They want to win when they step on the field. Comming from a life of sports, I have much admiration for this-and I still think Big B is a hell of a coach.

Oddly enough-the Browns were in the best position to beat the Pats all year.

Browns-Good

Pats-Good

OSU-good.

All systems go.

I hear what you're saying about Brady having an O-line and having receivers, but you can say the exact same about Harrison/Wayne/Gonzalez/Clark/Utecht and Manning. Its just that Brady has been able to cultivate a kind of understanding between himself and his receivers, especially Moss and Welker, that normally would take a receiver/QB years to develop. You could say the same about any good QB: take away all the support they have and they wouldn't be throwing TD passes. Well, duh! Even Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, John Elway would be no one if they didn't have guys around the ball that could make clutch plays. I think anyone who still says Brady is overrated is simply not looking at the facts.

I admit you make some good points. It's all just a matter of opinion honestly. I have seen a lot of Pats games and watched him play a lot over the years. He has great awareness and composure and he is very consistent, but he isn't mobile, nor does he have a great arm. I just don't think he is an impact QB like a Dan Marino or Steve Young. Marino was never surrounded by great players and look at all the records he set. If Marino had a team like Brady's Pats, he would have won at least 4-5 Super Bowls. Brady reminds me more of Jim Kelly or Phil Simms. Good, but not great.

I'll definitely concede that he's one of the more immobile QBs in the league, even compared to Manning. The thing is that he used to use TEs a lot more than WRs when the WRs were shit, so there were never gonna be that many 60 yard plays even passing to amazing guys like Watson and Graham. The thing I take issue with is you saying he doesn't have an arm. The guy's got a fucking cannon! Every receiver that has ever played for the Pats has commented on how much of a rocket he throws. Granted, he's not a Brett Favre or a Kerry Collins (the guy has an insane arm and no respect), but watch him and you'll very rarely see anything less than a really tight spiral and a solid throw. He's got an insane completion percentage, and a lot of that is due to receivers like Welker and Moss with amazing hands, but you've still got to have surgical accuracy to throw the kind of balls they can catch. Remember against the Jets when Moss outran 3 DBs and just kinda had the ball float into his hands in the end zone? That's not all Brady, but he damn sure better get the ball in the right spot in triple coverage.

I will be in Vegas for this game. I will defiantly be betting on it. I hate the Pats for their arrogance, but I love them because they play with FIRE. They want to win when they step on the field. Comming from a life of sports, I have much admiration for this-and I still think Big B is a hell of a coach.

Eww nice! Where are you staying? I think If I touch it I am going to 6pt tease the the browns, pats, and pats/colts over.

Boy did I pick the wrong year to move away from MA.

where'd you live in MA?

I firmly believe this year in good teams is making up for OSU's last year. The Sox won, hopefully the pats will win, the Celtics have come out of fucking nowhere, and OSU is doing well again.