Talk me out of selling my car..

Sam1647545489

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, I got the guy who designed the LSX kit for FD/FC's helping me so I think he will know what to do. Also the guys down at IPS will have a big role in it as well. Plan with this car included a lsx motor and t-56 trans. Not sure on how far I will take the mods on the motor. More then likely will be a mild boost cam and some 5.3L heads, arp rod bolts and the stock short block. LS6 intake or whatever I can find somewhat cheap. Then I will have IPS design a turbo kit for it to make about 600-700rwhp. Should net me a low 10 sec pass maybe a 9 if I get after it. Ford rear-end with 3.55 gear and spec 5 clutch. Car will have a 12 gallon fuel cell and battery in the rear as well. Sparco seats, no a/c and some light weight wheels. Car already has been gutted today by me and Neon Jon. All that is left to do is fix what needs to be fixed then drop in the motor and trans, hook up my wiring connections and put in the rear end then its party time.. :cool:

Good luck with your project Sam.

Thanks, I know it wont be a contender for your new supra but hopefully it will be a good match for your ZO6. :cool: Should be ready by spring, actually goin to try to knock it out before xmas..

Sam, is this rotarded old FD? Just curious.

I also have a few STOCK fd parts if you need them, I doubt you will need what I have but don't hesitate to ask.

Are you going to back half your car? Or are you going to have IPS build you a sub-frame for the ford 9 inch? If you are interested in running the cobra 8.8 irs, JIMLAB on RX7Club makes a sub-frame kit for it.

I am contemplating back halfing my car and going ford 9 inch this winter as well. I am eager to see how your build goes.

Good luck.

Jackson

It gonna be a long road fixing her but with I got a good frame guy goin to straighten the frame for me and see if he cant fix as much as he can. Here is a pic of what needs to be fixed.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/ls2sam/PB040006.jpg

I am heading to the RX-7 store now to grab a few body parts off of another wrecked FD and my motor mount and tranny mounts with driveshaft are already ordered and will be here in 20 days. I am trying my best to get her on the road before the snow really hits.