Is It Me Or NE Columbus (161 area) Becoming The Hood???

CJINOHIO03

I have lived in Ohio for about 5 years all in this general area. I have noticied the area is getting worse and worse in crime etc. I mean there has been several stores/restuarants closed recently ie Hooters, Lonestar, Chillis, Outback, Marshalls and so on. Whole shopping centers have totally become empty. A friend of mine co worker was just in the head and killed on Cleveland area the other night. Anybody else notice this?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not consider it a hood. Alot of wannabe's in the area. I do not think that columbus has any hoods. The area has gone down alot though!

I think the presence of "wannabe's" still make it a hood. They're not as tough as a real ghetto, but nonetheless these areas are making it uncomfortable to live near.

I think the presence of "wannabe's" still make it a hood. They're not as tough as a real ghetto, but nonetheless these areas are making it uncomfortable to live near.

Thats true. In some cases the wannabes are worse than real criminals. Either way its sad that when you build up one area another one goes to crap.

Guest 614Streets
I would not consider it a hood. Alot of wannabe's in the area. I do not think that columbus has any hoods. The area has gone down alot though!

Take yourself down to mcdowell street and rich street , that is the hardest block in CO.

i dont know if i would consider it the hood, but i know i wouldnt want to live up there. it seems to sorta go to shits a bit just a bit past ponderosa, and past cleveland to just past 71 it seems to be the "worst"

i will say, there are FAR more "hood" places in columbus. id say on a hood scale of 1-10, dublin being a 1, cleveland/161 is about a 4, and down just south of childrens is about a 7

Come down to the south side by Parsons Ave and Livingston, you dont think thats hood?

haha...read the post right above yours

i worked with a guy that lived down there...when i gave him rides home periodically, i made sure once he was out the car, my doors were locked and i wasnt there any longer than i had to be

You've obviously never been on the near east side after 8 pm or the southwest side north of grove shitty. Although not nearly as bad as Cleveland neighborhoods the Sullivant ave. area isn't the best place.

Obviously you guys do not really know me. I use to hang over there after 11pm. Southwest yes. This city is funny. I would define it as starving neighborhoods, not ghetto's!

Take yourself down to mcdowell street and rich street , that is the hardest block in CO.

That I laugh at :woowoo:

The pretenders are second to worst. They have something that they are tryin to prove. The ones u have to watch out for are the ones who are hungry(wanting money bad) that have no feeling about anything they do. Lo-life trash. With the pretenders 9 times out of ten they will go the other way, but with that said they will do the cowardly deed and sneak up behind you!

Come down to the south side by Parsons Ave and Livingston, you dont think thats hood?

I think that it is gloomy lookin. All them old houses that are rather big on the inside with poor plumbing. My old ladies mother used to live over in that area. I rather enjoyed taking late night strolls over there! She lived on Carpenter. BTW:, I do believe there was a fairlady(red) for sale down parsons by kroger!

I repo'd home furnishings in about every bad neighborhood in columbus. There is only one place in columbus that i used to never go to after dark. If your heading past the air port when you cross over the bridge. Apartments on the right. Its before main st. Cant remember the name.

Livingston/Courtwright most of those people are so poor they dont mess with anyone. 161 was just a bunch of wannabes. Cleveland around 10thru-17th could get nasty. But only on the 1st of the month. (Best time for collections) Rest of month just another grouping of poor people.

I have probally been in close to 2-3k VERY poor peoples houses. On good and bad terms. I could spend 3 days typing out the ignorant shit i have seen people do in these areas.

the area right around children's hospital is pretty bad. plenty of stories of employees getting mugged on the way out to their cars at night.

also, 'the bottoms' around mt. carmel west is not a great area--i get TONS of customers from the local 'gun and knife club' on a regular basis. one of the parking attendants got robbed the other day in plain daylight.

i'm no pussy, but i avoid going off the hospital property AT ALL COSTS, there's absolutely no good that can come of it for me.

I repo'd home furnishings in about every bad neighborhood in columbus. There is only one place in columbus that i used to never go to after dark. If your heading past the air port when you cross over the bridge. Apartments on the right. Its before main st. Cant remember the name.

Livingston/Courtwright most of those people are so poor they dont mess with anyone.

Ha ha.... That is my old hood!