For Sale: 1993 Z28 M6 $4000 - no56k

Ziggy1647545504

I love driving it, and were it not for the fact that I've got another car that is FWD, I'd be driving it still. Obviously it'll require care when driving in any kind of weather, but as long as you drive with some sense, it isn't too difficult. Even the MPG isn't hateful. I've been averaging about what my DOHC V6 Contour does, 22-24 MPG combined city/hwy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often thought about doing autocross, but I'm not sure how to go about getting started (there's also the age old problem of having a wife and kids that wanna do cool stuff and spend money too that takes away from anything I might invest in fielding a competitive car)

Any car is competitive in autocross; that's the beauty of classes and the sport. Me, in my little RX-7 will never be matched against a Z06. A great starter is a CRX or Civic hatch, or an RX-7 like mine. It's all about the driver.

Does it/will it need anything in the near future? How are the tires/brakes? Original clutch? Any idea on timing belt/water pump or other maintenance that has been done? Clean title? How long have you owned it?

Thanks

Matt

I've owned it since May '07. Since I've owned it I've done brake pads all around (probably could use rotors, but they're not too bad), replaced the water pump, pulled the headliner to re-cover (not done yet), and really just drove it. The previous owner told me it has an SLP clutch (unknown milage, but seems to hold well) and a relatively new (again unknown milage) Opti. Tires are probably 50%, but they do show signs of dry rot cracks in the sidewalls. Title is clean and in hand.

I'm asking $4k/obo. At this point, I don't feel that I've gotten an acceptable offer. I'm in no rush to sell this car. Frankly, I don't really want to sell, but in the interest of my bank account and the fact that the funds will finance my 10th anniversary vacation, I've not pulled it from the market. I've had a couple of calls, and several pm's but nothing has been set nailed down as far as a purchaser goes yet. I'm not interested in answering who asks what my bottom dollar is. Right now, my bottom dollar is $4k or best offer. If you're interested, shoot me a pm or reply here. I promise I'm friendly, and the worst that'll happen is that I'll tell you no, or "I'm not interested".

ok but thats above blue book value....

According to the NADA Guide January 2008 for the Central region of the country, the Retail value for this car with this milage is $4225. Trade in value is $2825, and Loan value is $2550. I work in claims for a major insurance company, and my NADA guide is updated monthly. As you can see, at $4k, I've priced it below book.

i agree 4k is a good price for a retail customer.i am not a retail customer..lol..2825 is under excellent condition for trade in value most dealers wont give that.i was more toward loan value of the car.regardless its a nice ride and i wish u best of luck.....