what to do....

AJ

is that a GM product? lol its looking like a vette so far.

PLENTY of people do LSX motors in them, my dad's got an FF5, its BA, do it...

Or do the GTM, its based off the corvette platform, except rear engine, but suspension etc is all C5,

That's what it cost them, but if you notice a couple LARGE costs should've been avoided. They paid $8500 for a donor corvette, apparently without an engine/trans, because they bought a $13k ls7 crate motor new. That's over $20k, probably $15k too much. If you buy a wrecked C5, use that engine, and the donor probably will run you $7500, but I bet you could sell a few thousand of parts off it.

There's another $10k in paint/wheels/tires. Use c5 wheels, save $2500, and maybe go all out on the paintjob, but either way, there is definitely room to trim there.

So cut $20k+ off that and you're right in line with 75% of the people I've read building them spend. They average $30-$40k from what I've seen.

Anyway you slice it, a RWD, Rear engine car weighing UNDER 2500lbs with OVER 450hp is WELL WORTH $30k, lol.

AJ, if the Factory 5 interests you at all get on the autocross forum and ask for "Red Joker", he's the one there with the FFR and knows what it really takes. He got his car where it is I believe for just over $20k and it will out handle the 69 and likely the C5 as well, obviously it's nowhere near as practical by a long shot though.

If anything do the 69, already tons of C5's out there.

Guest Wunna Dig Race
think i am just gonna do the vette thing but mod it the way i want. if i did a 69' then i wouldn't be able to have it done before racing season next year.

Depends on Conditon of 69 I know of a 70-72 thats mini tubbed for $6200

Check out http://www.NastyZ28.com and http://www.racingjunk.com and http://www.mautofied.com they are good places to find what you want

Depends on Conditon of 69 I know of a 70-72 thats mini tubbed for $6200

Check out www.NastyZ28.com and www.racingjunk.com and www.mautofied.com they are good places to find what you want

for what i would be doing to the 69' it wouldn't be driveable by next spring unless i quit my job and worked on it all day everyday and had more money.

70-72 = different body than a 69 and i don't like them as much.

I say get a 2001 Z06 from Lancing Mi. with 72k on it. Look for brand new tires, borla cat back and stock everything else. Make sure it's super clean and has the Mod red interior. Then you can start ordering parts! ;)

thats a hell of an idea. i found one with brand new tires though so i came out farther ahead then you wanted me to:p