Bike is torn down for the season

playerpro153

The cam chain tensioner holder just prevents one of the pistons form dropping out of sync when turning the camshaft to check the intake and exhaust valves. It's just suggested in the manual to hold that in place when performing the check. I've read that I could just stick a flathead screwdriver in the port for the tensioner holder to prevent this from happening. I will only have to remove the cams if I need to adjust the valves, but it's not necessary for the check.

I'm on the fence with the clutch. I need to replace the plates, but I'm considering a yoyodyne slipper as a replacement. Thing is I don't plan on tracking this bike any time soon. The bike I do get for the track, however, will get a slipper.

Slipper clutches are YUMMY!! I got to experience it with the new 1000 I have and I can't understand why I never had one on my other bikes... Old school mentality, I guess. I'm a believer now!

I heard Beaver Shit Brown. It's a PPG colorway... That way, it'll look like a bloody turd on the track.:D

haha. I dont think I will be trackin her anymore. I have to much in it now to wad it... Colors have been purchased, im doing a Senna paint job... But I like the style on the Agusta better than the duc, so it will look somthing like this, with red wheels and sub frame of course.

MV_F41000_senna_web.jpg

MV_Agusta_F4_1000_Senna_2006_01_1024x768.jpg

F4%20Senna%20retro_edited.jpg

Two tone baby! :D

:dj:

im ticking over 30k on the 99. hopefully i wont need to change any shims... for some reason with my luck on the maintenance of this bike, i think i will.

chris -- how much did it cost you to get your manual printed and bound?

edit: yota that will be very nice! did you get that idea when you were at mid oh for ama weekend or did you know about it earlier? you do know who ayrton senna is right?

Edited by natedogg624

Pretty nice paint job....

Im doing mine yellow and black with a white number plate.....Im think maybe a number 10....

....I think when its done I will sit it on Irony Ponys floor....cause I'm COOL....:D

Edited by BornSinner

im ticking over 30k on the 99. hopefully i wont need to change any shims... for some reason with my luck on the maintenance of this bike, i think i will.

chris -- how much did it cost you to get your manual printed and bound?

edit: yota that will be very nice! did you get that idea when you were at mid oh for ama weekend or did you know about it earlier? you do know who ayrton senna is right?

Sure do! If I donate to the fund, I can get a certificate too that will in theory make my bike an official Senna... in theory. ha

I knew of sennas before. There was actually an original Duc Senna in the concorso display at Mid-ohio this year. Only a few miles on it. Pretty crazy.

Pretty nice paint job....

Im doing mine yellow and black with a white number plate.....Im think maybe a number 10....

....I think when its done I will sit it on Irony Ponys floor....cause I'm COOL....:D

Hey now... Just because Justin wasn't able to place his WONDERFULLY painted race bike on the floor and I was next in line doesn't give you the right to be jealous...

^i saw that bike at the pony.

i dont know that scheme looked pretty gay, must correlate with the person riding it. :D

Gotta really suck having your doors blown off at Mid-Ohio by a "gay guy", huh? I was gonna paint it pink so you all thought you were being passed by a girl...:D:D:D

Gotta really suck having your doors blown off at Mid-Ohio by a "gay guy", huh? I was gonna paint it pink so you all thought you were being passed by a girl...:D:D:D

you haven't passed me yet... we'll see come next season who's boss! haha

i think pink would look good for you brian. ;)