new carry gun

XChris1632X

http://www.guntechinc.com/SWMPCOMPACT.jpgOn sale through the end of the month for $389 at vances. Its a S&W M&P compact 9mm. Seems like a step up from their sigma series, which has been a great gun for me also. Im more of .40 cal guy but I want a 9mm to carry. I went in looking at the compact XD 9mms and glock 19s and was shown this and I had to have it. I also bought a XD 9mm but in the midsize version. They are also on sale for $399. By the time I left with everything else I spent $1K but Im happy with it, and I love XD's.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought that EXACT gun from Vance's a few weeks ago (9mm as well). I also opted for the Crimson Trace laser grip.

I'll tell ya what. I went through about two dozen over there, and this was the first one I tried, and the one I ultimately ended up with. I love it, and have already fired 500 rounds through it. This is a badass handgun.

Nice pick up. I haven't heard anything bad about the Smith & Wesson M&P series. They are a step up from the Sigma series. And yes they make a M&P 45 as well. My friend has one and it is a very nice gun. But I am looking to get a 1911 for a 45.

Glocks are dangerous for CCW with one in the pipe....Shirt gets caught in trigger area when holstering....bullet down entire leg and out the foot...It's happened.

Only if you're dumb and/or you don't have a proper holster that covers the trigger gaurd.

Relying on any safety other than your finger = lose.

Glocks are dangerous for CCW with one in the pipe....Shirt gets caught in trigger area when holstering....bullet down entire leg and out the foot...It's happened.

I usually keep mine in what I call amber status. It takes me no time to rack the slide back and pop one off, I've practiced it enough. But I do agree with that aswell. The XD is a bit safer for CCW, as is a 1911 style pistol.

^ It should only be holstered once per day! Thats when its holstered in the morning, at home, and you can pull your shirt up to assure a nice, clean, holster.

Dot. No reason it should be in and out of a holster.

Oh, and IMO, running without one in the pipe is kinda pointless. Never know when you're gonna be without the use of one arm.

Dot. No reason it should be in and out of a holster.

Oh, and IMO, running without one in the pipe is kinda pointless. Never know when you're gonna be without the use of one arm.

No is should not be out of the holster.....that still doesn't change the fact of what can/has happened to people holstering them. I never carry w/out one in the pipe....People freak out when they see the hammer back on my 1911..."you know that's cocked, right?"..