jerk kids - car thieves

Guest saturn

let me start off by saying I've been catching people trying to break into my car at night for a month or so... I have usually just scared them away.

so I had to take a weird way home for lunch today. went down north broadway towards high street (I live in that area) - forgot you can't go left on high st (but that didn't stop the lady in front of me from doing it)...

ended up going left on hennepin ave. to get to my house over on weber.

saw two kids (one was white, btw, I'm not being racist) being sketchy -- this is at 11am, so they should be in school! one's obviously being a lookout while the other has his legs sticking out of a van that obviously isn't his

so at the end of the block I stop and watch them in the mirror... the little punks are trying to steal the stereo! I called the cops and circled around.

cops show up just as these jerks are walking away. but of course they ditched the stereo in the trash, so the cops didn't see it in their possession and can't charge them with theft.

they had me make a positive ID on the kids - turns out one is 16 and one is 17. geez. when I was 16 I was bagging groceries at kroger.

yeah I'm going to clean out the garage tonight so both my wrx and my gf's legacy can fit in there. no way am I dealing with the insurance company twice in one month. only thing that sucks is neither of our openers work anymore... I'll have to get the landlord to replace the opener too since it jams all the time.

I'd do it myself but our landlord is cool with paying to fix things.

it's not even a bad neighborhood! it's actually NICE. it's north of campus - clintonville to be exact... we just have punk kids this week. if I see them again I'm going to introduce them to my friend, Mr. Baseball Bat.

Dont feel bad, My Benz just was smahed apart the other day and my purse was stolen. Fucking little bastards, but they were dumb enough to get gas, and thank god for video cameras... then this past monday our neighbors car was just busted apart. WTF is wrong with people! Yeah out neighborhood isnt bad either.. upper arlington.

Why don't you guys invest in better car alarms instead of car audio?These kids don't sound like pro's and a nice car alarm would easily deter them.I have a nice dei now on my car,with all the bells and whistles add ons and the paging remote system.I can be in side,they could rip off the siren and cut the power to the car and the alarm will still go off on the pager on my headboard.

Clintonville's just fine, it's really only that corner of the neighborhood I'm a little weary of. I've lived in the Ville my entire life. Doesn't surprise me it happened on Hennepin. Do you live near the guy with the Avantis?

yeah he's got the red one stripped down and primered now

I've always wanted to find an excuse to meet him but it'd seem weird since all I know is he has two sweet cars sitting in his driveway.

Why don't you guys invest in better car alarms instead of car audio?

my wrx has the factory theft deterrent - which basically makes noise if someone breaks a window or pulls on a door while it's armed. factory stereo though - not a big car audio guy so long as the stock system is decent.

it's not even a bad neighborhood! it's actually NICE. it's north of campus - clintonville to be exact... we just have punk kids this week. if I see them again I'm going to introduce them to my friend, Mr. Baseball Bat.

If you are gonna do that watch out for yourself. Alot of the lil punks have stolen guns and knives. My mom is close to that area.