best place to get supra motor and trans??

88lx5oh

I thought that the USDM 2JZ's had more power than the JDM? correct me if I'm wrong here.

very true.. 330 usa vs a 280 from jdm. the usa had steel turbines and bigger injectors and slightly bigger cams. (.33 mm) as well as oil pans were different where usa is a rear sump most jdm (aristo's and such) were front. and the usa blocks had oil squirters to distibute the oil more efficently.

anyone know of a place to pick up a MK4 supra TT motor and trans, or know anyone who has one??

depends on what you want.

if u want usdm tt motor and the 6 speed... your shit out of luck and are going to be spending an arm and a leg..

or go with a jdm 2jz(about 1500-2500) and buy an r145 tranny out of a turbo mkIII (about 500 bucks) and spend the rest of the money as u see fit.. i am sure u can find a set of used usdm from someone and then just snag a set of injectors and cams and your good to go.

heres the deal my cousin picked up a 95 NA supra. it has a single turbo kit on it right now running 7 psi. it looks to be a ebay turbo kit. he is wanting to put a better turbo kit on and up the boost, but how much will that NA motor hold without being built. he is considering a TT motor/ trans swap. but what will be better / cost effective to get this thing to handle more boost.

heres the deal my cousin picked up a 95 NA supra. it has a single turbo kit on it right now running 7 psi. it looks to be a ebay turbo kit. he is wanting to put a better turbo kit on and up the boost, but how much will that NA motor hold without being built. he is considering a TT motor/ trans swap. but what will be better / cost effective to get this thing to handle more boost.

Sell it and buy a TT.... This is not an easy swap. He will spend more than if he sold the N/A and bought a TT.

A guy at my work just bought one to put in his older body supra.I think he paid around $5800.00.I will see where he got it cause he also got the 6 spd trans.I have been looking at turbo kits for my IS300 and the ones on Ebay are cheap but after reading from people that bought them they end up spending and additional $2-3k to make it work and then they are not happy with the power output.Heres who I am thinking about using.http://www.swiftracing.com/turbochargers/lexus/is300/stage275.htm if you look they either build the bottom end or go with the 2JZ-GTE shortblock after about 500 hp.

Have one sitting here.

$2200 w harness and ECU and you can pick it up. 6 speed trans stays in the Garage. :)

i am either still drunk from last nights birthday escapade or that is a solid deal.

if u say 2k for everything ill pick it up from your house(minus tranny)... ill be in brooklyn new years so i could grab it then since ill be out that way.

and how much for the trans?