Whats a good paint gun?

94birdman

Get an HVLP (high volume low pressure) gun, way less material loss and overspray. I liked using a suction feed better, but I quit because of the overspray and material waste they create. Sata, Binks and DeVilbiss all make really good HVLP guns, but they're pretty expensive. A good, relatively inexpensive HVLP is an Ingersoll Rand. You can pick one up for close to 100 bucks, and for the money, you can't beat it. I think you can buy them at Lowes.

Sata does make a good gun. I spray with Devilbiss for everything the Sata is a back up gun. You can control over spary with the pattern sprayed. Its not necessarily what the gun type is. Now the suction feeds do used more because the effective spray is not the same. If you dont have a decent air compressor youd better get one, or else you wont be spraying anything. You'll be spackling it.

Here is what you will have invested...

Depending on color 40-120 for a pint.

Clear Kit 120-250 for a gallon.

You new gun 60-150

If you need to repair anything youll have

repair material plus primer.

Thats another 80-100

Oh yeah and if you dont have a compressor

youll have to look around on that.

Just to give you a heads up I recondition covers back to original starting at $150, and you dont even have to take it off I will. Just bring me the car, in the morning and youll have it back in the evening.