If I have to see one more advertisement...

Devils Advocate

I'm going to go batshit.

Im not going to buy anything because of these stupid ass commercials, because theres so many of them nowadays and theyre so obnoxious that it just makes me hate whatever product is being peddled. Maybe I'm not used to it because I dont watch TV that much, but jesus fucking christ.

I totally agree guys. I turn off my radio during commercials and only watch TV that has been TIVO'd. Wow that is a great invention and worth the $5 per month to keep my sanity. I guess we are a growing demographic and producers are working to keep bombing us with ads. The investment forums I read have talked about shows putting items (ie coke products) in the TV shows to make sure we see them. Oh well as long as they don't make it really obvious I can live with it. You know like this;

1st guy "I sure love driving this GMC Suburban out to our archaeological dig site."

2nd guy "Yeah its so nice I think I'll go buy one when we get back."

That would piss me off and I'd need to go buy a new TV.

Evan

do companies actually see a return from the money they put out in advertisements as much as they think, to me it just seems like something the could cut out of the budget or at least greatly reduce and save money/offer lower prices to boot. Because most people i know don't buy products due to dumb advertising

do companies actually see a return from the money they put out in advertisements as much as they think, to me it just seems like something the could cut out of the budget or at least greatly reduce and save money/offer lower prices to boot. Because most people i know don't buy products due to dumb advertising

Ive wondered that myself.

Ha, I was just bitching about this. I took my radio out of the bathroom yesterday and threw it in the xtra room. I can't stand to listen to it for more than two minutes. If it's not 30min of commercials, the songs they play can be all heard again in a half hour.

The amount of commercials on tv is ridiculous. I watch almost everything downloaded.

Something else I have noticed, is that on many sites when you want to watch something a minute long, you have to watch a damn commercial as long as the vid you want to watch, in the longrun, forcing you to watch more commercials than you would on tv. :mad:

Don't get me started on the f'n commercials they put in the beginning of a movie that you've paid $10 to watch, either!

I can't imagine it being worth it for McDonalds to continue to advertise. Hell Coke really shouldn't bother. Wasn't it stated a few months ago in a survey or something that Coke is 99% recognized world wide? To me continuing to spend money on ads for something that well known is just a waste. Especially if we're talking about a super bowl commercial or movie theater ads. I'm pretty sure everyone in an area that has theaters or that can watch the super bowl would already know about coke.

Evan

now on the other side of things its those stupid/corny commercials that you remember. The proof of that being this thread. That fact that you remember the products makes it more likely you will buy that wigit the next time you go shopping.

I can't imagine it being worth it for McDonalds to continue to advertise. Hell Coke really shouldn't bother. Wasn't it stated a few months ago in a survey or something that Coke is 99% recognized world wide? To me continuing to spend money on ads for something that well known is just a waste. Especially if we're talking about a super bowl commercial or movie theater ads. I'm pretty sure everyone in an area that has theaters or that can watch the super bowl would already know about coke.

Evan

Coke is recognized 99% worldwide due to their massive marketing campaign. Same for Budweiser. Yes, it works. Unfortunately.

I tend to be of the camp who goes into a store. Sees something I remember from TV and walk right on by because there commercial was stupid. I'm actually 99% commercial free in my life I skip all of them on TV and turn the radio. I've been thinking of trying satellite radio for just that reason. Even WOSU 820AM is starting to have businesses slip commercials in. Its really pissing me off.

Evan