Olevia 65" LCD, Any good?

LPFSTheFett

Saw this at Sam's Club the last time I was there and it's only $4k. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the TV, is it any good? Do Olevia's TV's have any problems? I have a 50" Dell Plasma now, but want something bigger for the living room, with out spending $8,000 for the Sharp 65".

Thanks!

Jason

Why not buy the sharp for 8k? Because if there is nothing wrong with the Olevia, then why spend the extra money. Plus I need a bunch of other things for the bacement we just got finished and I'm trying not to spend $20,000 doing it. :) Everybody has budgets.

As far as having a 5' TV, We sit like 20' away from it, so want something that's bigger then the 50" we currently have.

Olevia is a cheaper brand. Personally, I'd get something higher quality even if it did mean slightly smaller, but if you don't mind the picture it's your money. You get what you pay for.

There are charts that tell you the optimum viewing distance for the size tv you have. 20' away is about 60". What about a dlp rear projection? The samsungs look very nice and they're cheaper then some lcd tv's.

I've learned my lesson on this subject. If you can get an extended warranty at a decent price, then go for it. I personally buy nothing but big names when it comes to a purchase that much $$ and ALWAYS get the extended warranty REGARDLESS. Circuit City is great. Their customer service is awesome and the warranty can always be purchased or extended later.

Just do your research. For example, Samsung Plasma's suck, but their LCD's rock. I bought a 50" Samsung Plasma before the LCD's got bigger/cheaper (about 2 years ago) and it quit working sporadically. After some research and one call to Circuit city I had a new DLP with no questions asked. My Mitsu DLP (1080p) makes my Samsung look stupid. Panasonic makes some great LCD's as well. Call Circuit City and ask to talk to a field tech, he will know best. I think the guys name is Sam or something, some old man, he knows his shit.

I've learned my lesson on this subject. If you can get an extended warranty at a decent price, then go for it. I personally buy nothing but big names when it comes to a purchase that much $$ and ALWAYS get the extended warranty REGARDLESS. Circuit City is great. Their customer service is awesome and the warranty can always be purchased or extended later.

Just do your research. For example, Samsung Plasma's suck, but their LCD's rock. I bought a 50" Samsung Plasma before the LCD's got bigger/cheaper (about 2 years ago) and it quit working sporadically. After some research and one call to Circuit city I had a new DLP with no questions asked. My Mitsu DLP (1080p) makes my Samsung look stupid. Panasonic makes some great LCD's as well. Call Circuit City and ask to talk to a field tech, he will know best. I think the guys name is Sam or something, some old man, he knows his shit.

If Dan still works at Polaris he's a man to go to. No bullshit, he knows his shit, hes' a good guy. Old co-worker. I'd you want a plasma Panasonic is a big winner. Sony just costs too much for about anything you get, but they do look damn good. Mitsu or Samsung for dlp. Sharp for an lcd.

DLP is by far the best you can buy and you get the most for your $$$ ("it's the mirrors"). Plasma's SUCK! They use way more energy than LCD and have 10-15 circuit boards, compaired to a LCD that has 2-5. Plasma's get hot!

If you're not trying to be like an episode of "MTV Cribs", go DLP and go 1080p.

If you are steping up from an old school Tube TV, a LCD projection would amaze you.