Honda Historians

Disclaimer

So I went with my ol' man to Ft. Wayne this weekend to pickup another CBX engine, we get there and the guy has a candy store worth of bikes and parts. The most interesting of which was a 1983 CB11000R. The guy said it was 1 of 7 in the US (he imported it from England) and only a few hundred (my research says 1500 to be exact) were made. Picture below is NOT the bike I saw, but a representative sample.

200507241145410.CB1100RD.jpg

So, my question is - what is one of these worth?

Edited by JRMMiii

That's the first thing I asked when I saw it under the cover I saw the "00R" and asked if it was a VFR.. and he goes on to explain what it was. From what he says:

Honda made them to compete in an Isle of Mann class, but needed a minimum production run to be legal, so they produced race bikes, put lights and signals on them, and sold them to the public to make them class legal. Carbon fiber fairing and aluminum tank back in 1983.

Similar to the Desmo RR today.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember articles about this bike, from back-in-the-day. Honestly, I think I remember that they were like $100,000 buck race bikes. Whatever it was, it was way more than anyone could afford. They were only available for import as off-road use only.