anyone ever heard of this place

smokin5s

Paula got signed up for some crazy place that says they are giving away free vacations... their webpage looks almost too good to be true... the company's name is Dream Vacations.

here is their website http://www.myfreevacation.com/

any info about them would be great.... I don't want to wind up somewhere in Mexico that we dont want to be...

you know what they say, "nothing is ever free."

no, they said that they are a travel agency and they are trying this as advertisements instead of commercials.

and yes Mike, she went to the Bridal show this weekend... I swear she has to go to them all... to me, they are all the same :)

Yeah my wife got one of those free vacation offer things. I thought it was fishy so i didnt even search into the details just forgot about it. We got the offer right after a bridal show tho so that might have had something to do with it.

I didn't click the link, but I'm almost certain this is a scam. Here's how it works: you fill out a card somewhere - at the mall trying to win the free car, at the zoo trying to win a vacation to San Diego, at a bridal show, so on and so forth - and then you get a call from an agency that wants to give you a free vacation to somewhere cool - like Vegas, for instance. All they want you to do is come in for a "brief promotional presentation" - this is so that they can "try out different advertisements" on a "wide variety of clientele." Then they mention that you'll need to bring with you a credit card. If you ask why, they'll say something like, "Oh, we just need to verify your residence/identity/something" or "We need to just put a $50 deposit on your plane tickets to reserve your seats." Of course, all of this is complete bullshit. In actuality, it's a classic foot-in-the-door technique: they keep getting you to acquiesce (e.g., first you take their phone call, then you agree to meet, then you agree to fork over the $50) until they take you for what they really want, which is, of course, money.

Cliffs: Yes, it's too good to be true. In fact, it's a scam, in all probability.

Ehh, my wife signed up for bridal gown stuff online and was douped into one of those "free vacation" deals. We had to go sit through a time share presentation. After which they did pressure into buying their time share. BUT, it was not required in order to receive their vacation offer. We did however have to pay tax on the air fare (fair enough), the rest was comped as their 'gift'.

All in all I wouldn't sit through another one of those boring ass presentations again just to get a free vacation unless it was someplace super nice. But we did enjoy our free 3 day weekend in SanDiego.

A friend from work had one something like this for Vegas and she checked into the motel before they went and it has hilariuosly bad reviews. Ex: "Crack dealers in front of motel", "I was scared for my life".. stuff like that. Somehow she made many phone calls to get the reservations sent to a reputable place before she left. Sounded like a lot of work and still risky, even though it worked out for her.

I also have another buddy who went to some timeshare thing in Orlando and got a cheap stay at a real nice place down there out of it. He didnt fall for the timeshare thing either..

But anyways.. I still agree with everyone else. Scam. If you are super careful and you put some work in I think there are some ways to save money with these things.. but not free. ever. I just never bother with that stuff.

I did, I didn't find anything about this specific company though... most of the things that came up was Costal vacations as being a scam... they just advertised it as being a "Dream Vacation"

I did see something that in 1998 the FTC and US District Courts froze the assets of "Dream Vacations"

so that should be fun bringing up tonight at their thing that I've gotten sucked into going :)