all this gun talk

88lx5oh

is making want a handgun to go to the range with.

what is a decent priced handgun, thats a decent all around gun.. no revolvers i just dont like the looks of them.

i used to shoot clay pigeons back in the day and wouldnt mind getting back into that as well. but id like to find the same over and under that i had.

ive got the SW sigma 9mm. i went on the SW forum, and everyone basically said "put some rounds through it and you wont notice the trigger"

well, ive put a few hundred through mine, trigger has lightened up slightly and ive gotten quite used to it

great gun for the 300$ i spent on it

The bottom line is that if you shoot well with the trigger on a Sigma, every other gun is a breeze. For a range gun, be a man and don't fear something with a stiff trigger! The only important thing about a good range gun, IMO, is that the ammo is cheap. This means get a 9mm, or a .40 if you are a little looser with your wallet, and only think about a .45 if you just have money to flush away. Consider a .22 if you aren't prepared to invest about $500 a year on practice ammo (even using 9mm). To become and stay proficient at the range, you will easily spend the cost of the gun a few times over.

is making want a handgun to go to the range with.

what is a decent priced handgun, thats a decent all around gun.. no revolvers i just dont like the looks of them.

i used to shoot clay pigeons back in the day and wouldnt mind getting back into that as well. but id like to find the same over and under that i had.

If you want cheap range gun, stick with 9mm as far as caliber. There is a trillion handguns out there, but honestly few that are worth while. If you like basic, reliable, and fun to shoot, a springfield XD, Glock 17/19, S&W M&P 9, Baretta 92F, and hell even the Rugers are nice weapons and cheap.

Springfield XD

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hs-xd-3.jpg

Glock 17

http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/glock17.jpg

S&W M&P9

http://www.armeriamartin.com/armeria/images/S&W%20mp.jpg

Baretta 92F

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/beretta/92FS_Brigadier.jpg

Ruger 94

http://www.riverviewsales.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/KP94-lg.jpg

I have owned a Hi-Point 9mm and honestly it wasn't that bad of a gun. Yes they are cheap, ugly and heavy but what do you expect with a gun at that price. And the most important thing is, it never let me down. Everytime I pulled the trigger, it went bang. Which is what a gun is suppose to do. I have the S&W Sigma 9mm now and it is a big improvement over the Hi-Point. Like others have said, it does have a heavy trigger pull, but through out the years and changes to the series, it has gotten better. I have put about 2000 rounds through mine in the past year and either trigger has gotten better or I am just getting use to it. They are honestly not bad guns. They just have a longer break in period than most guns do.

the best advice i can give you is to rent as many guns as you can. i wouldn't go with a glock just because 9249365819053675462968 people own them. you may shoot a SW M&P better than a glock, or vice versa.

i have an h&k usp tactical that feels like sex to me. granted, i paid a good dime for me, but i shoot it better than a glock. the grip angle of a glock feels funny to me, and i could never adjust to them.

to add what scott said, there are a million different guns out there. a general rule is you get what you pay for, just like everything else in life.

I've got a beretta 92 FS Inox with brigadier grips, a M1911 custom, and a few revolvers, and my personal favorite is the beretta; I've shot lots of makes in the handgun world, and I'd say that there truly is something for everyone, and the most important thing is that you're comfortable with the way it feels. Just make a trip over to Vance's and pick up a couple, see what you like, then call the ranges and see who has them to rent/shoot.

And definitely don't pick something because you think it's too popular; I hear people bashing Berettas and Glocks all the time because everyone has them.... really? Why do you think everyone has one? This isn't a car you're talking about, you're talking about a tool who's ultimate purpose is defense, and nothing, absolutely nothing is more important than its dependability. Buy a gun that nobody has and you're venturing into unknown territory with your, and your family's life on the line.

In terms of best bang for the buck, the Springfield XD is tough to beat.

Glocks are very good, I personally don't like them because of their grips, but that's me...

Taurus makes decent autoloaders and very good revolvers, but their customer service sucks donkey balls.

S&W M&Ps are very nice, although pricy. All of the CPD officers I've talked with that have one liked it.

For cheap thrills, get a CZ52 from Vance's. Old Czech military surplus pistol, they fire a small, quick round that hits just as hard as a .45 or 9mm+p. Ammo is slightly expensive, but you get a fun pistol for cheap.

Hoblick I'm going to the range sometime this week if you want to come. Blackwing has a super wide array of guns to check out and they're really nice about letting you fondle them.

when.. i want to go. havent been there ever and have been wanting to do so.

ill probably borrow a friends gun to shoot with he has a few hand guns i can bring with me